What treat did your chickies get today?

I don't give the spice packs. I save them for the homemade/grown dehydrated soups that I can. I tape one pack to the lid of each jar.

yea never out those Top Ramen spice packs in if you feed to the chickens. They'll get sick. If you have Top Ramen prepared for human use and have some leftover, I would recommend a good rinsing of the noodles with lots of water to get most of the sodium out and then feed to your chickens.

You know what mine got today?? And not on purpose.... A half of a 45 oz. Container of Country Crock light spread.....yep... So every night I put their scraps in the frige in the saved butter containers. Lastnight when I cleaned kitchen I must have gotten the tubs switched because I made them a mixture of sunflower seed, oats and left over sausage. This morning as I was banging it on the ground wondering why it stuck so hard to the butter container...Out plops this huge chunk of butter spread. Of course the girls were all over it....playing in it....for just a second I stood there thinking " I could just scoop it up real quick" I couldn't do it......they are fine, but from now on I will always check the containers in the morning No matter how much of a hurry I am in.

Back
Top Bottom