What treat did your chickies get today?

Breakfast today was served at 05:15AM and comprised spinach and assorted lettuce leaves, tomato and chicken.

We came very close to a mutiny within the flock in that meal worm numbers are low and the delivery expected yesterday did not arrive
ep.gif
Hubby and I were drawing straws as to who was going to tell Dusty that the current supply would run out before the weekend
wink.png
Crisis averted: the supplier did not send them as it was 107F [42C] and he did not want to risk it. They are being shipped today for arrival tomorrow :)

Last edited:
I keep giving my chickens treats, but they don't even eat it anymore because they prefer to forage and eat grass/bugs/rummage. The only thing they will eat besides feed is the BOSS at the end of the day, right before roosting, and even then not really. I also noticed that 10 chickens go through about 3 cups of feed a day only. Is this normal?

I keep giving my chickens treats, but they don't even eat it anymore because they prefer to forage and eat grass/bugs/rummage. The only thing they will eat besides feed is the BOSS at the end of the day, right before roosting, and even then not really. I also noticed that 10 chickens go through about 3 cups of feed a day only. Is this normal?

What type treats were you giving them that they stopped eating? It's possible that they are finding a lot of they're food foraging, so are no longer interested in treats. Are they laying well? Acting normal? Could there be something wrong with the feed?

The flock is getting one of their favorite treats today: Raw liver. Not only do they go crazy over it, but it is super healthy for them as well.

Back
Top Bottom