What treat did your chickies get today?

I feel so much better about how much I feed my babies...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who plans out their food. Today was eggs, a leftover chicken wing, squash, broccoli, scratch like grains, yogurt and some omega flax seed stuff. Oh and a mushroom. My hubbie just shakes his head in awe:D

I work in a restaurant, and I end up with a shopping bag of bread every day....they love it....texas toast,wheat,white,rye, hotdogbuns,burger buns with seaseme seed,ect,ect. But my chicken all-time fav treat is shaved almonds!!!! Its like a bunch of pirahnas once the almonds hit the ground!!!!!!

Mine have a similar reaction to grapes. In fact I had to make a grape trail over the snow to the patch of grass/leafy area they like to scratch around in order to tempt them out of the coop. Needless to say the ladies didn't care for their first snow encounter

I bought an actual flock block on sale the other day,but the mouse in my garage started to eat it so I took a chisel and broke it into more manageable pieces. Zip locked and stored the rest. All the loose pieces went into a jar with more nibbles. Now the jar is a chick magnet. Had 4 full sized hens in my lap not going anywhere til they could stick their beaks in. Wish I'd had my phone for a selfie
1f604.png

Chicken bones for them to pick clean after I pulled most of the chicken off for chicken fried rice. It is kind of eerie to see them aggressively "attack" them. Cannibals! But not a bit goes to waste!

@KentuckyMom
I have never given the ladies our chicken carcasses, didn't know it was an option. I like the idea but I am hesitant because of the bones. Ever had any problems with the chickens eating the bones? Or is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom