What treat did your chickies get today?

Does anyone else have a problem with their chickens being picky? Mine are super picky. They use to love all there treats but now they won't eat hardly anything but their feed and corn. I tried to give them blackberries and fresh zucchini and they peck them a couple times and walked off. I need help to get them to eat their treats
1f609.png

Not permitted to have a pomegranate tree? Why would they be prohibited?

I live in the Inland Empire. Pomegranates are everywhere. They even plant them along freeway center dividers because they thrive with no water and a steady diet of exhaust. I can stand in my backyard and see p-trees in backyards in every direction. And yet, they are still $3 apiece in the stores. Weird. Well, I'm sick of 'em. The chickens can have 'em.

(sad face) One fewer in my flock today. A hawk ate my favorite Egger. Waaaaa!

Not permitted to have a pomegranate tree? Why would they be prohibited?

I live in the Inland Empire. Pomegranates are everywhere. They even plant them along freeway center dividers because they thrive with no water and a steady diet of exhaust. I can stand in my backyard and see p-trees in backyards in every direction. And yet, they are still $3 apiece in the stores. Weird. Well, I'm sick of 'em. The chickens can have 'em.

(sad face) One fewer in my flock today. A hawk ate my favorite Egger. Waaaaa!

Oh my gosh, you are so lucky. I love pomegranates.

Sorry about your Egger.

Today my girls got a suet feeder of yummy apple, cabbage, and cucumber; and a handful of scratch mix containing raisins, sunflower seeds, dried tomato, dried carrot, and dried sweet potato. And we went on our daily walk about to find grasshoppers ... quite a grasshopper bonanza today.

Today my 2 girls got a yummy lunch of organic tomatoes from our garden, apple sauce with a half a teaspoon of diatomaceous earth and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and part of a suet cake :)

Back
Top Bottom