What treat did your chickies get today?

As we are in the middle of a blizzard here and none if my chickens want to go out and forage and well cause its Easter they got a Chicken Dream Feast for 13 20 wks old chickens will give them some BOSS later if they eat everything

Looks like happy girls! Yummy...

Today was cracked corn, crumbles made into a mash with kale and grapes mixed in and BOSS.

Scrambled eggs and a special plate of salmon for our Peckers who is going through one hell of a molt. She had 5 tail feathers this morning when I let them out and by mid morning she had none left. And only a couple of big wing feathers left too. Poor thing.

Corn on the cob for tomorrow and probably more egg for her too.

Strawberries mashed on a plate was a big hit for our 12 day old chicks today.

Banties: finely minced thai peppers, fennel fronds, dill, bean sprouts

Standard chicks: chopped thai peppers, fennel fronds, dill, bean sprouts, sweet pickled peppers, green onions

Pullets: chopped thai peppers, fennel bulb, dill, bean sprouts, sweet pickled peppers, tangerines, and weeds

I read somewhere that avocado is bad for chickens. Is thst true? Is there a list somewhere of items we should NOT feed???

Yes it is.

Here's a pretty good list of the things to never feed to chickens. The only item I disagree with is citrus juice (they won't eat the peels) as I thoroughly went through the scientific research and it is fine in moderation. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/plants-that-are-poisonous-to-chickens.html

You'll find a lot of other foods on other people's lists, but there are a lot of foods that make it on those lists that are okay in moderation.

Back
Top Bottom