What treat did your chickies get today?

I've been digging up worms for the girls. They LOVE them, and I love watching them eat/fight/play with them. We went fishing yesterday and got some night crawlers, but the girls barley touched them, I think they were maybe too big. I've given them some kale too, but they didn't like that. I'm going to get a watermelon later this week for an extra special treat since they've all been so good!
tongue.png

I've been digging up worms for the girls. They LOVE them, and I love watching them eat/fight/play with them. We went fishing yesterday and got some night crawlers, but the girls barley touched them, I think they were maybe too big. I've given them some kale too, but they didn't like that. I'm going to get a watermelon later this week for an extra special treat since they've all been so good! :p

Where did you get your chicks
1f425.png
? I've notice your from the same area.

I've been digging up worms for the girls. They LOVE them, and I love watching them eat/fight/play with them. We went fishing yesterday and got some night crawlers, but the girls barley touched them, I think they were maybe too big. I've given them some kale too, but they didn't like that. I'm going to get a watermelon later this week for an extra special treat since they've all been so good!
tongue.png

For 2/3 week old chicks, I'd hold off on treats. They are small and are better off with a nutritionally complete feed till they are older.
I don't give anything other than what they find free ranging till they're about 10-15 weeks old.
If you must give treats, make sure they also have appropriate sized grit available.

For 2/3 week old chicks, I'd hold off on treats. They are small and are better off with a nutritionally complete feed till they are older.
I don't give anything other than what they find free ranging till they're about 10-15 weeks old.
If you must give treats, make sure they also have appropriate sized grit available.

I'm pretty sure they're older than 2-3 weeks. I've only had them for about 2 weeks now, but is there a sure fire way to find out how old they are? Theyre getting tall and I have a handful that are starting to get their tail feathers in. All of them are getting the feathers in their wings.

I'm pretty sure they're older than 2-3 weeks. I've only had them for about 2 weeks now, but is there a sure fire way to find out how old they are? Theyre getting tall and I have a handful that are starting to get their tail feathers in. All of them are getting the feathers in their wings.

I would call the manager at the tractor supply, tell him the date your bought the chicks and he should know when the chicks were shipped. They would have been shipped as day olds.

ETA
It is very nice to know the date they hatched so you can speculate when they will start laying eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom