What treat did your chickies get today?

Pics
They had apple chunks this morning and I'm getting ready to give them a pumpkin that met with the tractor tire ..... oops! I'm going to wash it off first ... you never know where that tractor has been! lol

The first time I've offered the insides of a butternut squash (cooked w/seeds), served warm. A cut up apple & green pepper. They seem to like any of it. I went out a couple hours later, and the squash was gone except the seeds. The apple & pepper were scattered all over. lol

I think the potato skins are alright if they are cooked.
Today my girls got craisins as a treat. They seemed to like them well enough, and there was a special deal---a really large bag of them for $3.99 at Costco, so we decided to see what they think of them.

Hmmm...Saturdays are always big days for them.
Bits of: Mashed potatoes, fried rice, grilled onions, skins from cooked pumpkins, cheese scraps, the insides of the pumpkins (uncooked)...and scratch
big_smile.png

It's a wonder they don't go off their food!

Today I fed my chickens Peel Stew, I had a bowl of apple peels, 5 lbs of potato peels and some carrot peels.
I put it all in a big pot and cooked it on low till soft. When it was cool, I carried it outside to the girls and they came a running.
They enjoyed it very much!

All of my juvenile chickies ( Black Coppers, assorted Bantams and my "Ol' Girl" Barred Rock, and my wry neck Silver Duckwing bantam rooster), had fresh peaches, broccoli, califlower, potato peelings and spaghetti, You should have seen them scramble!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom