What treat did your chickies get today?

Now adding mealworms and tomatoes to the list for today.
smile.png

Mine got some blueberry pie. Just have to make sure I wash their little beaks before bed...
gig.gif
They loved it once, Miss Diana try it....they all dug in......Guessing she is the taste tester....

My 9 chicks are 1 1/2 weeks old. One was obviously having a difficult time thriving (the other 8 have quite alot of their wing feathers but not the tiny one). They've had a plate of sand and fine grit available since day 3 and I've sprinkled a bit of their organic chick feed over the top of it daily, so I figured they had probably picked up a bit of grit. Yesterday morning they were offered very finely chopped broccoli and tomato added to a hardboiled egg with the shell on and a small hand full of dried meal worms all mixed together. They practically climbed up my arm to get to the bowl. They clean everything up before 20 minutes are up then settle down for a nap. The runt is way perkier and now I'll make sure they get this once a day.

NC
welcome-byc.gif
and be careful about the hardboiled egg with the shell on. You don't want to turn them into egg eater so take the shell of and crush it up and break up the egg so it is not identifiable.

Had my first 5 egg day today. 5 girls 5 eggs.
ep.gif
all the plumbing is working.
woot.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom