1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What type of breeds are these?? PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieCRZYness, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Can ne one help me figure out what type of birds these all are, as well as sexes. Thanks

[​IMG]
    #1 Dad was a Plymouth Barred Rock, Mom was a White Leghorn

[​IMG]
    #2 RIR Pullet i believe?

[​IMG]
    #3 RIR Cockeral??

[​IMG]
    #4 RIR chicks, 8 of them, hoping most are pullets!!

[​IMG]
    #5 Same parents as before, but something is wrong with its foot?

[​IMG]
    #5 Same parents as s before, but this one has some light brown on its back

[​IMG]
    #6 My six white leghorns, mommas to my babies

[​IMG]
    #7 White EE pullet??? blue legs

[​IMG]
    #8 EE or possibly Americauna Pullet???? no rump really AND has yellow legs

[​IMG]
    #9 same bird, a lil better pic

[​IMG]
    #10 EE pullet??? blue legs

[​IMG]
    #11 Rooster EE i believe??

[​IMG]
    #12 to the right, another rooster EE just not as big, but cool colors i think

[​IMG]
    #13 the bunch

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

#8 and 9 shows what I'm pretty sure is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I've had several of them.

3. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    cool, thanks for the help ne will do, im guessing its a pullet?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How old is it? Most pullets dont get red like that till they are close to laying.

5. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    im not sure but i think they are all about 8 weeks old, maybe a week more or less

6. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    The chicks who were produced out of the White Leghorn x Barred Rock crossing may produce sex-linked offspring, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You'll have to check. I believe feathersite has some info on how to produce sex-linked birds under the Sex-Link profile.

#2 - could be a pullet

#3 - a cockerel

#4 - I see several in the bunch that have the potential to be young roos. Should become more obvious in a week to two weeks.

#7 - depending on the bird's age it could be a pullet. But it's tail feathers look very rooster-ish to me...

#8 and 9 - looks like a young Silver-laced Wyandotte; if it is 8 weeks old it is probably a rooster. Looks older than that, but I'm just going with what you said. If indeed it is older, then you might have a pullet.

#10 - not really sure...I would have to see the bird in person with the other birds of it's breeding and age...

#11 - roo

#12 - roo

#13 - I think all four of the birds pictured there are roos. The picture is very clear. Even the Columbian colored one I wasn't sure about looks like a young roo there. And the white Easter Egger with its tail in the air looks like a little rooster butt to me.

7. SilkieCRZYness

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    ya i think that they are around 3-4 months actaully some, 8 weeks was a lil of an understatement, the guy i just got them from said he thinks around 3 months, but he bought 25 from some mexican food mart as chicks, and maybe they were all cockerals, he said it just said mixed chicks on the box. So if they are what color would be the best to get cool looking chicks with white leghorn hens? thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by