What type of breeds are these?? PICS!!!!

SilkieCRZYness

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Florida
Can ne one help me figure out what type of birds these all are, as well as sexes. Thanks

100_0231.jpg

#1 Dad was a Plymouth Barred Rock, Mom was a White Leghorn

100_0236.jpg

#2 RIR Pullet i believe?

100_0235.jpg

#3 RIR Cockeral??

100_0234.jpg

#4 RIR chicks, 8 of them, hoping most are pullets!!

100_0233.jpg

#5 Same parents as before, but something is wrong with its foot?

100_0232.jpg

#5 Same parents as s before, but this one has some light brown on its back

100_0267.jpg

#6 My six white leghorns, mommas to my babies

100_0263.jpg

#7 White EE pullet??? blue legs

100_0257.jpg

#8 EE or possibly Americauna Pullet???? no rump really AND has yellow legs

100_0259-1.jpg

#9 same bird, a lil better pic

100_0261.jpg

#10 EE pullet??? blue legs

100_0258.jpg

#11 Rooster EE i believe??

100_0256.jpg

#12 to the right, another rooster EE just not as big, but cool colors i think

100_0250-2.jpg

#13 the bunch

The chicks who were produced out of the White Leghorn x Barred Rock crossing may produce sex-linked offspring, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You'll have to check. I believe feathersite has some info on how to produce sex-linked birds under the Sex-Link profile.

#2 - could be a pullet

#3 - a cockerel

#4 - I see several in the bunch that have the potential to be young roos. Should become more obvious in a week to two weeks.

#7 - depending on the bird's age it could be a pullet. But it's tail feathers look very rooster-ish to me...

#8 and 9 - looks like a young Silver-laced Wyandotte; if it is 8 weeks old it is probably a rooster. Looks older than that, but I'm just going with what you said. If indeed it is older, then you might have a pullet.

#10 - not really sure...I would have to see the bird in person with the other birds of it's breeding and age...

#11 - roo

#12 - roo

#13 - I think all four of the birds pictured there are roos. The picture is very clear. Even the Columbian colored one I wasn't sure about looks like a young roo there. And the white Easter Egger with its tail in the air looks like a little rooster butt to me.

ya i think that they are around 3-4 months actaully some, 8 weeks was a lil of an understatement, the guy i just got them from said he thinks around 3 months, but he bought 25 from some mexican food mart as chicks, and maybe they were all cockerals, he said it just said mixed chicks on the box. So if they are what color would be the best to get cool looking chicks with white leghorn hens? thanks

Back
Top Bottom