What type of Chickens are these two?

So here are the latest pics of the white one:
Long tail, blue irredecent feather spots (don't know what to call them) right below the ear drums. Starting to grow a more prominate comb and looks like starting on a waddle. (sorry for my spelling errors) you have to really scroll in to get a good look. The legs some say are green and some say are slate. It's defintily a wierd color!
He/She is a flighty bird! Very agile too! We named him/her Scratch b/c its always scratching and looking for food. The first to run out of the coop and fly around too.

It was suggested that the red one was a New Hampshire Red, and from what I can find online, I would agree. She is already laying eggs! Here are her pics (at least we know she is a she!)

Definitely not Jersey Giant, that's for sure! Do you know what hatchery they came from?

With the white ticking on the neck, your red bird is a pretty red sex link pullet.

Thanks for the input :) I am not sure where they came from at all actually. I got them from a farm that "rescues" animals. The farm owner knew I was looking for chickens, and when someone dropped off 3 chicks, she called me :) They were a bad idea of an Easter Present. We do have a Tractor Trailor supply that sells a lot of chickens, so maybe they would have some idea too?

What color are the sex links when they are chicks? This is the big red when she was a chick, about 2 weeks old here.

That appears to be a yokohama. There are some with the slate/green legs. And there are several varieties of red or gold sex links. They look like yours as chicks. As adults they have some white laced into the red. RIRs and NHs have NO white.

That appears to be a yokohama. There are some with the slate/green legs. And there are several varieties of red or gold sex links. They look like yours as chicks. As adults they have some white laced into the red. RIRs and NHs have NO white.
x2! She does look like one! I didn't think of that before!
jumpy.gif

Thanks so much! Hopefully we'll have a hen yokohama and not a roo. And thanks for the detail about the sex links too!

Well our possible Yokohama started to squat today! I don't know if Roo's do that, but I know pullets do before they lay!

Back
Top Bottom