• fermented whole grain

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • pasture/free range

Votes: 79 47.6%
  • other (please comment)

Votes: 26 15.7%

• Total voters
Pics
I order it directly from them and they ship it to my house. It is more expensive that way but I have found that it is much fresher. One time it was milled just one day before it was shipped! However, quite a few local feed stores carry it also and I'm sure you could call them to see where they nearest one is to you.

Oh, neat! Can I ask for the mill name please? Thank you so much! :)

Can I ask what mill this is? That sounds like nice feed!
It's a local mill here in upstate NY, McDowell & Walker, sell MilkeyWay feeds, they're 'out of this world!' Lol.
They have store I get it from.
Used to get it from a different mill, was pretty neat had to pick it up from the actual mill right next to the railroad tracks that delivered the grain, smelled pretty good there lol. That was a Blue Seal but this one closed. Not sure where you live but there is other Blue Seals in other states, feed was cheap there also. Not sure but I think out west Kent feeds carries blue seal, or maybe are mills of their own?
Ask around, ask a farmer, no farmer purchases feed from TSC, they'd know where a mill is. Majority of our farms here are dairy, and some beef, mills still make chicken feed cause almost everyone has chickens.

I give them dry crumbles and will give them some scraps. I will free-range the 2-year-olds sometimes (I do not like to free range them often after one got killed by a bobcat during breeding season) and the 6-month-olds stay in the coop since three escaped out of the orchard and had to be "herded" into the garage plus they fly in the tree so yeah. Anyway, I will put out some scratch with water to lower the dust level and will put it in the orchard and in the coop. I rarely give them mealworms as I give them Harvest Delight and Garden Delight as they are healthier options. I am looking into making my own treats to give them a healthier diet. This is very long but oh well.:confused:

My large chickens get pellets, bantams get crumbles due to raising a cross beak showgirl with them. At least every other evening they all get some fresh veggies or fruits, dry cereal (low sugar) or some other treat. My ducks get flock raiser crumbles and lots of fresh veggies, fruits and whatever I can gather in yard i.e. dandelion leaves etc., or rinsed can veggie or fruit if out of fresh. Winter I give chickens scratch with cracked corn, oatmeal, cooked grits, cooked rice, etc., ducks - haven't had during a winter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom