What type of work is in my chickens poop? Also, how to deworm a chicken flock?

HappyChicken2244

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Hello everyone, I made a post a few days ago about my Polish chicken. I thought she was on deaths door but after administering Corrid, she is starting to walk and act normal again! She is not 100% better but she has made big improvements! This morning though I found this worm in her poop (it is moving). I do not know what type of worm this is and I have never dewormed my flock. Is it safe to deworm while my chickens are on Corrid? Deworming my chickens has always been a scary thought to me as I want to make sure I do everything right. What is the easiest, safest method to do so and dosage? I do have a Tractor Supply near me so is there something that could work that is there? I also have Amazon. I have 25 chickens total. Thank you!!

Attachments

• C5BE7482-E801-403E-A0F8-64E01CB1D74D.jpeg
    C5BE7482-E801-403E-A0F8-64E01CB1D74D.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 100
Yes. 14 days after the last dose.
You need to treat one day then wait 7 to 10 days and treat again to kill off anything that hatches from eggs in the system that are not killed by the first treatment.
Got it. I’ve read that I need to dose them for five days straight but I’ve also read only give two doses 10 days apart. Which method would you recommend?

Got it. I’ve read that I need to dose them for five days straight but I’ve also read only give two doses 10 days apart. Which method would you recommend?
With Valbazen, you would only need to give them a dose, 1/2 ml for. 4-6 pound chicken, and repeat it in 10 days. That will treat most worms that chickens get except for the more rare tapeworm. If you use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or the horse paste, that on is given for 5 consecutive days to treat the same worms. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound of weight.

With Valbazen, you would only need to give them a dose, 1/2 ml for. 4-6 pound chicken, and repeat it in 10 days. That will treat most worms that chickens get except for the more rare tapeworm. If you use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or the horse paste, that on is given for 5 consecutive days to treat the same worms. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound of weight.
Thank you. I went with the safeguarded as it was the only option I could get ASAP. I just gave everyone their first round. As I was doing this I noticed a tumor like bump on another one of my Polish chickens neck. I just made a new post about it with pictures.

Back
Top Bottom