"What waz I thinkin"

Rooster Rules

Songster
7 Years

Not sure what I was thinkin when I built this, and its not quite finished either. I need to do a few things to it, and it needs some perches too.
I can only use this inside here in winter, and possibly outdoors from spring to fall.
I have another coop started, a Friend at work is building it, inside a nice heated shop with all commercial tools, it will be an all weather type designed for about 8 bantam birds.
Oh well maybe can find other uses for this coop/cage/pen, or will sell it......RR

Last edited:
I will use it as an emergency/ clinic coop. Nice job though... really cute
clap.gif

That did come out really well. Good Job on that. There are quite a few things you could do with that.
1. If you use it as a year round coop you can buy plexiglass from homedepot and cut it to fit your windows and doors and screw it over the wire(thats what I did on my most recent coop).
2. As mentioned a good broody pen. If you hatch babies out its a great way to keep mama and babies seperate until the chicks are a little bigger.
3. Also as mentioned a emergency/sick/injured coop to house anyone that needs fixing
4. Quarentine for any new birds
5. Brooder for new chicks

Its really cute !!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
That did come out really well. Good Job on that. There are quite a few things you could do with that.
1. If you use it as a year round coop you can buy plexiglass from homedepot and cut it to fit your windows and doors and screw it over the wire(thats what I did on my most recent coop).
2. As mentioned a good broody pen. If you hatch babies out its a great way to keep mama and babies seperate until the chicks are a little bigger.
3. Also as mentioned a emergency/sick/injured coop to house anyone that needs fixing
4. Quarentine for any new birds
5. Brooder for new chicks

Its really cute !!!
thumbsup.gif
Yes, there are ways to make it cold weather proof, such as plexi over the front wire, as well as all the other suggestions.
I may be using it inside my large garage, to house my new Bantams for upwards of 1-2 months, it is quite warm in there as compared to outdoors, especially if I turn on the heat.
I also could sell it, 2 folks want to buy it already, but are offering me $100, not sure what I will do yet...

Not sure what I was thinkin when I built this, and its not quite finished either. I need to do a few things to it, and it needs some perches too.
I can only use this inside here in winter, and possibly outdoors from spring to fall.
I have another coop started, a Friend at work is building it, inside a nice heated shop with all commercial tools, it will be an all weather type designed for about 8 bantam birds.
Oh well maybe can find other uses for this coop/cage/pen, or will sell it......RR
Anybody have an idea, whether I should put perches, and a nest box in this cage? What size should they be, and where would a roost be best in this cage?...thanx RR

If you are going to have laying hens in there, then you should add a nesting box. A covered kitty litter box would work well, and you can move it around to see which way works best.
A roost will make the girls feel safer when they are sleeping at night. It should be higher than the nesting box, but not so high they can't get up. A 2 by 4 turned on it's side works well.

Back
Top Bottom