What we bought thirty minutes ago... Update p. 2 - 20/06/09

Lotje

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Flemish Ardennes, Belgium
Aren't they gorgeous?
love.gif

One of our Cochin bantams has been broody for about 6 weeks now, so we decided to give her some very young chicks so she would stop torturing herself. We've been looking for a while, but we found some! They're only three days old, born this Wednesday.

Four sweet little Cochin bantams! The colours will be a surprise, but I'm pretty sure we've got one "pearl grey" (don't know whether this colour exists in English, I translated it literally from Dutch
roll.png
) and one white. Possibly frizzles!

And guess what, they're already accepted by their new mommy!
celebrate.gif

Aren't they the cutest?
love.gif

(Pictures are a bit blurry, it's turning dark out here -- still wanted to share them..
big_smile.png
)

IMG_7233-border.jpg

IMG_7235-border.jpg

IMG_7240-border.jpg

IMG_7241-border.jpg

As you can see, we're all very happy..
celebrate.gif

IMG_7246-border.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures!! They are adorable. I gave babies to a hen 2 weeks ago and might have to do it again- it is day 23 and no action from her eggs. It is so sweet how the babies are so happy to have a mommy and the mom gets so excited to think that her chicks have finally hatched.

:schwoon!!! Those are precious babies and I hope everyone lives happily ever after.
smile.png
I have a broody on 5 eggs and I can't wait to see her hatch them out. She's gone broody too many times and really wants to be a mamma so I had to finally give in.

Back
Top Bottom