What weird thing does your DH or DW or Kids do that just seem ODD?!

I like to wear my socks inside out. And I like to leave the toilet seat up.

big_smile.png
lol.png
love.gif

I love you guys!!!
As a woman, most people think I am weird because I know so much about my vehicles. I can change my own tire, alternator, starter, wipers.. You know stuff on the car.
I grew up with parents and family that was a little odd. The mother's side was very matriarchal, So strong women, but they grew up with depression era parents.. So self sufficient.
Father's side, was Swedish and Irish, and Midwestern!! No showing much emotion, work work work. And bland food.
SO I garden, have chickens, fix my own cars for the most part and HATE bland food!!, and show too much emotion!! LOL
Oh.. and I live in the midwest now, after growing up on the West Coast.
Carol

Although my doctor insists that my children have excellent hearing, I have to disagree. She also tells me their eyesight is fine, but they can't seem to see the mess in the sink or the dirty socks on the floor.....

I have written on notebook paper inside of a special binder:
The breed of cat I'd love to make - detailed with color of coat, color of eyes.
The breed of Toy Dog I'd love to make - detailed with colors of coats, color of eyes.
The breed of Miniature Cattle I'd love to make - detailed with colors allowed, the pattern of coat, length of coat, longhorned, of coarse.
The breed of Miniature Horse I'd love to make - detailed with colors allowed, the pattern of coat, length of coat, color of eyes.
The Speckled Bantam Chickens, Black Gerbils, on and on and on............YEAH!
On the Island I'd LOVE to own, looking down from my hidden Hide-A-Way........
or walking through herds of my "creations", past the cats or dogs, and catching glimpses of other animals I would have put on my Island.........
I won't go into the flora! Too time consuming...LOL

Yeah - The Island! (I actually had a dream of playing this game, like a first player in a hunting game).

Seriously - If I could make this into a game for people who'd be interested - It would need to have the widest range of animal, flora, terrain made available for the best experience for each person.
It would be able to be played single, or, with other people.
Simple Husbandry with a very wide color, patterns, ect. available, and didn't need genetics to confuse people like me.

With many options: One is you being able to practice primitive, simple husbandry, loosely, and being able to auction off for families in need, or Zoos, ect., on the mainland, whatever you had deemed unfit for breeding on the the Island.
Another option: If you didn't want Speckled Bantams, you could have, like a Striped Bantam, (any colors/combinations - your choosing), with white flight feathers on wings and white tail, as one of many choices of yours, also.

This Island BELONGS to the animals - you just live there with them, a highly regarded scientist, (by yourself or with others helping you), working on research in the field, living like the First People - no modern vehicles, no modern pets, no large animals, gathering tons of information!
I had forgotten to mention - you'd have a Mainland Breeding Facility, so you'd be able to put your very own creations on The Island!

Last edited:
My husband is beverage possessive...he will NOT share his drink with anyone. When I want to tick him off.. I stick my finger in it and stir it around
lau.gif

He also has to wiggle his toes before he gets up in the morning
idunno.gif

My son is 13...nuff said.

Im the wierd one as far as friends go.. I don't fit in with my friends AT ALL.. they all asked for, and recieved "vera bradly" stuff for Christmas... Me.. I asked for ( and received) a pitchfork. Who is this vera bradly chick anyway? I mean these women are serious about this stuff.
hu.gif

Imagine coming out your front door to see your 8yo son attacking the mulberry tree (evidently a dragon) with a wooden sword 'cuz he's the fighter... his 9yo friend twanging a stick (evidently it was a bow) because he's the ranger... your 5yo DD running in circles and grabbing people's pockets because she was the rogue... all supervised by the colored tennis ball (evidently those were spells red-fire, blue-ice and yellow-lightning) wielding wizard... yup THAT would be DH in the robe...

For all the time I've known him, over 14 years now, he's been working on his own gaming system... and the WoT books... which I got sucked in to. OH now there's a THING... he reads books while only holding them open like 80 degrees... even a full 90 degrees might damage the spine. Now I'm a book lover you know... but what's the point in having a book if you can't read the bloody thing?

Does drooling in sleep count? How about drooling on MY pillow and then when I come to bed being back on HIS side so when I lay down it's face to drool nastiness? I really hate that.

But then, I collect pineapples and keys... I'm a puzzle addict, including Tetris but also logic grids, riddles... and wooden and metal puzzles... .and jigsaw puzzles... and wordsearch puzzles and sudoku and... yeah, like puzzles. And I can zone out like a pro when I'm in The Zone... and I have a THING about kitchen stuff... I've got SO many kitchen widgets... guess it makes me easy to shop for but it also means my cabinets and drawers are a labyrinth... but DH and kids know to just ask me where something is, and because 'it's not chaos to me" I know just where to tell them to look. And I'm a sucker when it comes to my family... SO much hurt and yet I can't not answer the phone... which DH and kids then have to deal with a mopey mama... and I am a packrat... but so is DH... which actually just kinda makes it worse, but better too...

Uhhh... let's see... OH DD bites her nails... none of us do... this is what I get for naming her after my Uncle A... he's the ONLY nail-biter in the entire family.... I've even caught her gnawing on her toes for crying out loud!

DS... he's 12... and he is his mother's son... weird is to mild a term.

Back
Top Bottom