What went wrong?pag 2 +3 THEORYS? ANYONE

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I just built a hatcher and am waiting for it to warm up-- I have 3 eggs and for sure one is alive at this point. when the hatcher warms up I will put them in, but I am so worried I will do something wrong now!

EDIT:day 22 and last night at least one was working at breaking out this morning nothing--time for intervention-----first egg--perfect blue cochin dead yolk sack completely into chick------hum was between 20-35 thru day 18 and 60-70 after temp fluctuated a little

2nd chick was perfect blue or splash cochin with the egg sack almost all the way inside dead

What Happened? Any ideas? I have a ton of eggs coming in the mail and I am REALLY worried now

hmm.png
I just noticed the humidity in the hatcher is reading 78 now and that is after I had it opened for a few minutes to get the eggs out, something happened last night! IT snowed? any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Everything will work out just fine... Have patience, do not open the hatcher til the hatch is over.... Good luck!!...

I always have clean hatches when my humidity is between 60 to 70%..thats for the last 3 days...try for close to 70%...if you haven't put the eggs in there yet you can make your hole now or just add extra water when you put the eggs over in it...Hope you have a good hatch...
fl.gif

I dont hear anything or see anything some one PLEASE STOP ME from opening up the bator-
barnie.gif
---I know it was alive 2 days ago so it must be ok right? nothing bad has happened to it!

Like they told me " PUT YOUR HANDS UNDER YOU BUTT. It is resting. Good luck, take a walk, take a shower, plant some flowers, read a good book that should take a couple of days, wash all your walls down, because this will be the longest 2 days of your life. I was just there 2 weeks ago with my first hatch.
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom