What will you be doing December 21, 2012?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahFair, Sep 8, 2011.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    The Sept. 11 thread got me thinking...
    If people knew SOMETHING possibly could have happend that day would they have stayed home?

Because of all the 2012 hype what do you think youll be doing?
    Will you not let it bother you and go about your day (going to work, dropping the kids off at school, get on a plane and head out for vaca)?
    Will you keep your kids out of school?
    Will you be stocked up and ready for WWIII?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Are you kidding me? That's 4 days before Christmas! I'll be doing what I always am doing, frantically cleaning my house, getting food ready and wrapping gifts. [​IMG]

ETA: Hey, if the world's gonna end, we might as well have good eats and gifts to open while it happens.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'll do whatever heads me in such direction. Who knows, perhaps comet Elenin really will cause a stir on the 11th of Sept. this year, or mid to late October, and that's when things go in chaos, or. . . Maybe nothing happens, who knows.

Whatever happens, I'll still be growing my own food, taking care of my farm, etc. Same thing I'm doing now. [​IMG]

If the world crumbles a little, I'll try my best to feed the community. If the Gov't does something crazy, I'll do what it takes to fight for my freedoms.

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Partying! Its my birthday!

5. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

hey if they could predict the end of the world don't you think they would have see the conquistadors coming ?

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:X2 [​IMG]

hey if they could predict the end of the world don't you think they would have see the conquistadors coming ?

Oh, good point! [​IMG]

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Hopefully, I'll be hosting a Christmas/Video Game/End of the World party with all of my friends. We'll bake sweets and Japanese food, play video games, and celebrate the supposed end! It will probably be the best party in the history of the world, and there will be game tournaments and everything! [​IMG]

If not, then I'll probably play BlazBlue all day and hang out with relatives.

8. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Nothing different than normal. Like the Aztecs, I'll be getting the next calendar ready.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll be getting ready for Christmas, the 6th birthday of a granddaughter and my 39th wedding anniversary both of which are on the 22nd.

10. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I am in search of a slightly bigger house with slighty more property now so I can grow a big garden.
    Surely I want a cow for milking, a cow for meat, a pig, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, etc to live off of.
    I REALLY hope to at least own 1 horse to get around

I know Ill keep my kids out of school. I just have this fear we need to be together if we are all going to die [​IMG]
    My biggest fear is the solar flare. It is suppose to really mess things up. Its already happend in the 1800s but they only had telephone poles, and those even were burnt up.
    Could you think of what else it will burn? Satellites, power lines, phone lines.. that would cause everything to close down, no way to communicate..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by