What WON'T your chickens eat?

Broccoli stems, earth worms, potato peels, carrots.

LOVE lots of other things on this thread like banana and squash/pumpkin seeds...berries, grapes- devour those.

mine eat everything. the only thing i obviously never feed them is eggs. they ate an entire rotisserie chicken from Costco today...my wife didnā€™t grow up on a farm and she ā€œgasped.ā€...priceless.

I'm no longer surprised with what chickens will eat, mine have eaten (with great relish) the usual oddities, lizards, bees, drywall, Styrofoam etc... now, I'm surprised with what they refuse to eat!
Blueberries
Strawberries
Spinach
Green grapes (but red or purple are ok)
Bell peppers
And various other things I would consider to be A+ chicken chow.
They just stand in it and look disgusted.
What won't your chickens eat?
Donā€™t like lettuce... how!??! Or raspberries or apple.. Iā€™m sure there is more

I'm no longer surprised with what chickens will eat, mine have eaten (with great relish) the usual oddities, lizards, bees, drywall, Styrofoam etc... now, I'm surprised with what they refuse to eat!
Blueberries
Strawberries
Spinach
Green grapes (but red or purple are ok)
Bell peppers
And various other things I would consider to be A+ chicken chow.
They just stand in it and look disgusted.
What won't your chickens eat?
the food i give them are mostly cilantro and split peas and there pellets

Well I thought mine didn't like bell peppers. They love the seed part of the inside but not the outside part. I picked some from the garden and made the mistake of leaving them just barely within reach while I checked for eggs... came back and found holes pecked in all of the bell peppers and the immediate area deserted... *sigh*

On a lot of veggies they prefer the softer seedy insides, everything else gets slowly picked over until gone. They love tomatoes and strawberries and they go cross eyed for hornworms. Cucumber peels and the fleshy part of okra they will not eat. And they won't eat ants. I tried all summer to teach them to scratch at ant nests and get the yummy white eggs but nope. They'd just stand there watching me like I was nuts...

Whatever I'd actually like eaten, they don't eat!

No slugs or snails unfortunately. And half of the vegetables they don't actually eat.

Back
Top Bottom