What WON'T your chickens eat?

Pics
My Rhode Island Red wouldn't eat okra. Would pick it out of any veggies I threw outside. She also didn't like strawberries, both farmed and wild (and my yard has a lot of wild strawberries!).

I gave my wyandotte and two EEs some pomegranate fruit the other day and they weren't too keen on it. They also aren't big on mealworms, which is a pain.

I'm no longer surprised with what chickens will eat, mine have eaten (with great relish) the usual oddities, lizards, bees, drywall, Styrofoam etc... now, I'm surprised with what they refuse to eat!
Blueberries
Strawberries
Spinach
Green grapes (but red or purple are ok)
Bell peppers
And various other things I would consider to be A+ chicken chow.
They just stand in it and look disgusted.
What won't your chickens eat?
Mine eat frogs and geckos and sometimes each other’s eggshells and sticks

I'm no longer surprised with what chickens will eat, mine have eaten (with great relish) the usual oddities, lizards, bees, drywall, Styrofoam etc... now, I'm surprised with what they refuse to eat!
Blueberries
Strawberries
Spinach
Bell peppers

Blueberries
Strawberries
Spinach
Bell peppers
Ok so speaking of what they won’t eat. My daughter that I thought would love my chicken eggs, won’t take them, even though I feed them organic chicken feed. She says they are supposed to eat food like scraps such as grapes or peels or something that possibly not organic, of course this comes from my child that has never raised chickens. I see people posting stuff they feed their hens all the time that’s not just chicken feed. Am I missing something here

Back
Top Bottom