What would I get if I crossed….

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
My black showboy (showgirl) Silkie rooster with my buff NN? I am wanting to cross them, but definitely want to get an idea on what the results would be! Any help is appreciated, thank you!

I would expect:
color black, but with some leakage of other colors
chance of other colors or patterns, depending on what recessive genes the black rooster may be carrying.

Normal texture of feathers (not silkied)

Naked neck
Crest, feathered feet, 5th toe
Muff/beard are likely if the showgirl has them, otherwise clean faces

Dark skin in daughters, probably light skin in sons . There is a chance of using this to sex chicks, but the difference may not be clear enough, or may not show up early enough, to be useful. I've seen conflicting reports from similar crosses.

I would expect:
color black, but with some leakage of other colors
chance of other colors or patterns, depending on what recessive genes the black rooster may be carrying.

Normal texture of feathers (not silkied)

Naked neck
Crest, feathered feet, 5th toe
Muff/beard are likely if the showgirl has them, otherwise clean faces

Dark skin in daughters, probably light skin in sons . There is a chance of using this to sex chicks, but the difference may not be clear enough, or may not show up early enough, to be useful. I've seen conflicting reports from similar crosses.
Ok awesome!!! Thank you so much sir!!

I have certainly seen a sex difference in my silkie crosses. All girls are melanised and all boys are not. I wondered if it was coincidence or not. Helpful to know.

Back
Top Bottom