Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Chickens

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Quails

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
ooh! Which breed do you like more? Also, what breed do you have in the incubator?! (ehe do you have pics of ur ducks??)
I like the Khaki campbell more. I have the Indian runner and Khaki campbell cross in the incubator, but I will incubate purebred Khaki campbell when this batch will hatch. Sorry, I don't have any picture on this device.

I like the Khaki campbell more. I have the Indian runner and Khaki campbell cross in the incubator, but I will incubate purebred Khaki campbell when this batch will hatch. Sorry, I don't have any picture on this device.
why do you like the khaki campbells more?

Yep, thats very helpful! When you say certain breeds are favored... which breeds are those and why are they favored? Also, that is so cool that you are specifically breeding for qualities that you choose! I hope that you see progress as the years go by!

SexLinks, for egg production - $5. EEs for colored eggs - $5. Leghorns for eggs - $5. Orps - $10 (Dual Purpose). Some odds and ends DP breeds (likely second generations+ of TSC birds), $4-5. Mutts get $2-$5. A single local has most of the advertising in appearance birds - Crevecoeur, Ayam Cemani, etc, pricing varies. I suspect they end up as 4h birds/family pets.

Interesting information. As you know I am team chicken all the way, but I think all types of fowl have unique benefits. I'd say after you narrow down what species you should try to find a breed. My priorities are 1.pets 2.show birds 3.layers. So I'd do research into what will meet your priorities. I'm not sure about ducks, but I've heard that high egg laying breeds tend to run into reproductive issues.

Good luck on sorting out your goals friend. :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom