what Would you Do About Employee?

It sounds to me like he wanted fired so he could draw unemployment. I've seen it too many times the old "I tried but they fired me" routine. I would fire his a** also.

25 years old wife and 1 child.
Ah, that explains a lot. I said years ago this would happen. Entered the workforce during the boom. I can't speak for New York, but here in Texas the job test was pretty much, "Breathe on this mirror. Good, you fogged the mirror. You're hired." No really, there were a lot more good jobs than applicants. It was nearly impossible to get fired, and even if you did you would have another job the next day. The young people who grew up in that climate never had to learn a good work ethic.

Fast forward to today, and you find people who have yet to figure out that they have to actually work at keeping a job.
sad.png

This thread sure does bring back a past experience. Years ago I had an employee call in to tell me that his grandmother had died. I said sorry and that if there was anything that we could do to just let us know. About an hour later she(the dead grandmother)came to the office looking for him...lol. He was canned immediately, not just for lying to us but really, your own grandmother...shameful!

This thread sure does bring back a past experience. Years ago I had an employee call in to tell me that his grandmother had died. I said sorry and that if there was anything that we could do to just let us know. About an hour later she(the dead grandmother)came to the office looking for him...lol. He was canned immediately, not just for lying to us but really, your own grandmother...shameful!

Remember Klinger in the TV series, MASH?
Quote:
lau.gif

Why would you feel bad for someone that didnt feel bad about screwing you and your business over..
He didnt care how his absence would effect your business, did he??
You have 2 choices.. let him stay and screw you over again.. or cut your losses now..
Fool me once, shame on you,... fool me twice, shame on me...

Even if his brother was in an accident.. he STILL needed to call... period. I would never even imagine not calling a job i was suppsoed to be at...
That right there should be enough to tell you what type of person he is..

Why would you feel bad for someone that didnt feel bad about screwing you and your business over..
He didnt care how his absence would effect your business, did he??
You have 2 choices.. let him stay and screw you over again.. or cut your losses now..
Fool me once, shame on you,... fool me twice, shame on me...
Even if his brother was in an accident.. he STILL needed to call... period. I would never even imagine not calling a job i was suppsoed to be at...
That right there should be enough to tell you what type of person he is..

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom