WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????calling all goat owners

adorable

Songster
12 Years
Aug 7, 2007
near ottawa ontario
I do know lately i have been posting all of questions. But here goes another one.
I have a pygmy doe that is a real b***ch.She is the only one right now that has horns. SHe know how to use them. NOw what is really pissing me off. Is she attacks the other goats when they are in the barn. She is not to bad outside. But in the barn .She is actually charging and slamming them up against the wall. The are afraid of her. So she dosnt cause any harm to their little body. I have decided to seperated her at night time . She is in a stall all by her self. she joines them in the morning, I still have her because she cost my all more money than they others because she is registered. But i am having a real hard time not to sell because of this. Tonight was the cake on the icing . She ram on of the goats before i had a chance to get her into her stall .I can hear like the wind take out of the other goat when she rammed it up against the wall. I am so angry right now. Sorry if i seem to rant. Would you sell her or just keep pending her up at night time. Which does solve the problem.Because i am a new goat owner. Would other goat owner keep such goat. ????

Last edited:
i dont know a thing, having only owned goats since sunday, but i have one just like that..she even gored my poor duck! apparently, from what her former owner says, its to show who is the dominate goat and will eventually die down after the pecking order is set, so to speak.
i can relate though because this is one mean little girl!
lol.png

She is the boss. Even over my buck.I do know there is a peaking order. But i had these goats since early fall. So they do get along and chase each other outside. It is funny to watch. But in the barn. That is a different story. I dont understand why that is.
barnie.gif
somad.gif

Last edited:
Just to let you know all goats will do that
smile.png
She must be the alpha female. All of our goats do that to one another; is it like a violation of their personal space ! I had goats for over 20 + years and they will butt one another .
lol.png
lol.png

ok. Because this is in her space. This is why she is doing it so bad in the barn. But not so bad outside. That does make sense. So penning her at night. Is that a good thing that i am doing?So it is her space.

One of mine does the same to the other. They came from the same breeder but were in different pens. I really think it's just a goat thing, but it's unfortunate you only have the one with horns. I think the penning might actually be making it worse, as she has to re-assert herself each day.

ok. I just want to make one thing clear. I do know that goats head butt ect. and that is how they play also. But this is different. I do know that she is the boss. Which is ok. but she chase and uses her head and push up against the wall. SHe is the only that does this. As she is getting older .She is getting worse. I DOnt like the other goats getting hurt . I dont mind some ,,,,but ramming .They all run and very scaried of her. SO you guys are telling me this is all normal. Hummmmm:idunno

I got a new doe 2 weeks ago who is doing the same thing. Yes, I know that she is just asserting herself. But my other 2 goats are only 22lbs and 32lbs. The new goat is atleast 50lbs. She rams them into the wall of the goat house too. I then discovered that she won't let my little goats in the goat shed at all now. What a pain the new doe has become. Thankfully I had a chicken coop/brooder that I had no use for anymore and we moved that out to the pasture and an old igloo doghouse. Now the mean doe won't go in the goat shed and the other 2 small goats are sleeping in the igloo with the mean goat. Go figure!

Back
Top Bottom