What would you do if this happened to you?

I'd report the incident and then I'd go get me a big mean gander. If the guy is "slow" or whatever, everybody understands a good gander pinching and flogging when you're trespassing on his turf
big_smile.png

Quote:
Agreed! And while he may have been slow, as turney31 said--he had enough 'sense' to respond no hunny when you called for Jaques...
Locked fences/gates usually keep out slow & innocent people. If he knew they were for sale, sounds like he was lucid & new what was going on. Unless you have signs "bunnies/chicks for sale" on your property, I'd be concerned that someone was TRESPASSING on your property!
I dont care where you live, we are not living in the 40's (or even the 60's, for that matter) anymore...I am not paranoid, by any means, but we have the "castle doctrine" for a reason.

If that had happened to me, I would have shot first and then asked the question later, but that is my personality. Locked doors and gates only keep honest people honest. I would beware of this cat. I'd tell your neighbors about him so that they can watch for him incase he shows up at their place. I would contact the sheriff's office and request extra patrol with some spotlighting on your property. If he is lurking in the area, that should be enough so scare him off.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, but I could never live like that. I am not naive and not foolish. I use my senses - all six of them when assessing "unknowns" but I refuse to live like every single person on the planet is a threat to me. I would have been scared in bargain's shoes and would probably do as she did. And I would call the police now to see if he was missing as much as to report him as a trespasser......

Nothing against spookwriter or the advice, I just can't live on the paranoid side all of the time. Too tiring, too sad.

I agree with the both of you actually.. my 6th sense is my gut feeling. If I was getting creeped out? I would have mentioned the gun too. Now a days I have no idea why folks think coming up to your door uninvited won't upset folks. The world is a lot stranger and more dangerous than it was back when I was a kid a short while ago.​

well i hope i dont start another argument so will keep it simple. watch out for yourself first be kind and careing if you safely can. i personaly have just had such a sick feeling after my incident i went all out with security cams with night vision and recorders for them, just to document anything if more was to go on.not part of my incident that happened, but i also do a farmers market and i am concerned that people know we leave the market with cash sometimes just a little sometimes more than just a little, who knows what another persons thinking could be about how much cash you might leave with, being a weekend they know we have it on hand til mon morning when banks open at least. i hope for you he was just a older person that was a little out of touch and harmless, i hope if he was out of touch that he is safe. just be real with yourself and thinking, whatever your thinking maybe, you were the one there and had the personal contact

Quote:
Sorry to be off topic, but I keep enough cash on hand to make change, and the rest is deposited via ATM at the bank.. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I did want to mention something - if he looks unkempt it doesn't necessarily mean someone isn't trying to take care of him and keep him clean. It's just that that is an ongoing task. As one of the nurses at a nursing home told me, 'if I clean him up, at least he will be clean for one minute after I'm done'.

These days because of a lot of budget cuts day-time programs for disabled people are being eliminated - families are trying to cope the best they can but it is awfully rough on them. You can't quit your job and stay home and watch them - you need the money for your family, so sometimes you don't have as good a coverage as you might want. Maybe that's what this is about.

Last edited:
It is most definately not paranoid when someone ends up on the wrong side of a locked gate. Surely you don't think the man accidently climbed over the fence and entered an enclosed porch by mistake?

He either didn't know what he was doing or he knew exactly what he was doing! Either scenario calls for added precautions and informing the police. It's not over-reacting, it's not paranoid, it is just plain common sense.

Back
Top Bottom