What would you do if this happened to you?

That was a good way to handle that situation- of course you wouldn't shoot him, but it would intimidate him enough to leave. Glad he backed off and didn't take any of the silkies.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
The thing is, at least one of the noted serial killers used to pose as an injured guy, with crutches, to seem harmless. He'd ask gals for help lifting a box or something into his van and then ... GRAB.

Always trust your instincts. Predators rely on their prey doubting and second guessing their own (very good) judgment and instincts. Glad it turned out ok.

Quote:
I'm glad it all worked out. Don't know if your chick daze were at your farm or at a farmers market but perhaps could this elderly man have wandered on to your property when your gate was open?

Good to know you did call the authorities. I agree, I think he may be suffering from demntia or ????

I am dealing with an elderly Aunt right now and I'll tell ya it is hard to keep her from doing what she wants, when she wants even though she shouldn't be doing it..... ie driving !!!
Opening doors to strangers !!
The only thing I would have done different was ask his name etc. Somehow he knew the chicks were for sale. How? You may never know but he may have given his name etc, for the asking and that could have been given to the authorities and gotten you some answers and eased your mind.

Just hope he stays away and that if he is indeed suffering from an illness or age related illness that he finds his angel as well.

It is a very different world out there these days. To everyone, KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED AT ALL TIMES !!!

smile.png
He must have been lost in space...I'm sorry now I was frightened. Will get no trespassing signs and keep praying that he find his way home...Farmer Nancy, Cofounder of Desperate Farmwives

Quote:
Why oh why are you sorry? You kept your head in a threatening situation. The guy climbed your fence and walked into your screened porch.... normal people don't do that! You should be scared. If he is mentally challenged he could still be a risk to you. If he isn't, he was there for no good reason. Don't feel like you were wrong to send him away. Definately alert the police. Then if he is disabled and 'lost', they will know better where to search for him.

You did the sensible thing.
hugs.gif

Good morning,
I just got around to reading this.... First of all, with all those guineas running around your house I am suprised they didn't warn you, of course you probably get so used to hearing them that you don't hear them anymore. You needed to have one of the dogs out running around, that would have slowed him down. Maybe you need to leave eeyore out in the evening lol that would scare me away.

I am so glad he was cooperative and just walked away and that you and those pretty babies of yours are all ok. I would bet there was something wrong with him becasue how many people would just want up on someones porch and start opening things??????.

Maybe you will need to put a lock on that screen door leading up on the porch, you can lock it from the inside once you know your done going in and out of there for the day.

On another note, I am glad you had a good day selling too bad this over shadows the good day you had.

You should notify the police, they may be able to come by your place more often and make sure all looks good. Secondly, get a gander! They tell people to take off in no uncertain terms. Sorry for the experience, that had to be really scary.

Back
Top Bottom