What would you put in my fish tanks?!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ninny, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    I have empty a 20 gallon high and a 29 gallon fish tanks. I really miss my fish. But i can't decide what to put in the tanks. Id go either fresh or saltwater. I am crazy about bettas.

2. Turkenlover

Turkenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Colorado
    I LOVE MY FISH TOO!!! You could do a tank of female bettas. They get along fairly well. Another option would be to do a tank of fish from that region like Gouramies. I keep a South American tank and a 125 gallon tank of really BIG goldfish!

[​IMG]

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oooo....yes to bettas!!!
    Though I saw some glowfish at the local pet store that were interesting. And fancy guppies are always kind of fun.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I dont know anyone that went back to fresh water once they made the change to salt water.

Also a 20 gallon tall would make a great sand fountain.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    You could always go with a betta and add in some cory cats (I had a group of three dwarf albino cory cats). You could also add platies or a few mollies. These are very docile fish, get along great with bettas and they are friendly too! Mine always came over to the side of the tank to see what I was doing. They get a pretty decent size too, and if you keep a group of them (I had 4 in a ten gallon, so you could probably have 8-ish platies in a 20 gallon) they swim together. They are also retively clean fish, as long as your tank has been cycled well.

You could always split your tank in half and get two bettas and a few other fish. I always thought it would be neat to split a large tank and have a different theme on each side!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

Black skirted tetras are nice. Sturdy, docile, and big enough middle sized fish don't pick on them too much.

7. ninny

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    What's a sand fountain? I had a tank of female bettas. I should do that again it was so pretty. What about my 29 gallon though?

8. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I prefer salt myself. It always seemed easier to maintain. [​IMG]

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Chicks or Buttons.. But thats just me...

10. ninny

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Quote:Really? I been looking into it for years. The price tag is just mind bogging. But so awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by