What would YOU want to see at a bake sale?

Pumpkin fudge if ma
I personally have a hard time finding these things:
-From scratch GOOD homemade regular pound cake! My husband however loves lemon pound cake, so I make it with lemon zest/juice inside the mix and a lemon glaze on top.
-BROOKIES! Brownie cookie hybrid.
-HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE! I haven't had one in years and the lady that made them was great at it. Haven't had a tasty cheesecake since. Alternately, I love the Japanese cotton cheesecake.
-Sugar cookies with royal icing designs to match the seasons!
-Homemade fudge was always a hit at the state fair I noticed.
-I haven't had a good Pineapple Upside Down Cake since I was a toddler and my Grandma made it from scratch.

Edit: Also, I really love coffee cakes and zucchini or banana bread!

Hope these may help? I know they are alot but you could sell by the slice on cakes. :love These are all things I'd pay to eat
Send me a PM and remind me. I think i have my great grandmother pound cake recipe.

Things that are definitely on my list:
-Brownies
-Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Sugar Cookies w/ royal Icing
-Blondies
-Rice Krispie Treats
-Cupcakes (options of chocolate and vanilla for cupcake, and chocolate and vanilla for icing, you can mix and match)
-Confetti cake slices
-Something Vegan/Dairy free (maybe whoopie pies?)
Things that are probably on my list:
-Something gluten free
-Banana bread
-Lemon Bars
I'm thinking that this is our max. Remember that this is two kids in a normal kitchen with only two ovens. I do need help pricing things, though. These will be sold in sixes, dozens, etc (and really any multiple of six) with the exception of the cupcakes (sold in threes) and the confetti cake slices (sold in ones) We are also making an informational flyer that we are going to hand out when we go door to door, talking about the fires and their damage and explaining how we're keeping everything sanitary with covid.

Aldi's grocery stores sell gluten-free cake mixes that are excellent. You could use them as a base and jazz them up to make it homemade. Yellow cake mix makes pineapple upside down cake or muffins, for example. Krusteas brand also has good gl-free mixes

I was going to ask for bread and see if you’d deliver this far out, but I see your list is closed. Whew.

But I do want to say what an awesome endeavor this is, how very generous and thoughtful. :clap And what a good example for the young folks involved.

You can not guarantee your gluten and dairy free products are. Do not advertise as such. You can say there are made without but they are made in a facility with and you are doing everything possible to not cross contaminate. If you are super sensitive do not buy from me!
I am a licensed food truck owner and in the current situation the health department is really hammering safe food practices. Yes, you are flying under the radar but it is good to know what your state's requiments are and to operate as if you are the real deal.
Include a donation line in your order form. Some people will be more comfortable just giving you $$.

You can not guarantee your gluten and dairy free products are. Do not advertise as such. You can say there are made without but they are made in a facility with and you are doing everything possible to not cross contaminate. If you are super sensitive do not buy from me!
I am a licensed food truck owner and in the current situation the health department is really hammering safe food practices. Yes, you are flying under the radar but it is good to know what your state's requiments are and to operate as if you are the real deal.
Include a donation line in your order form. Some people will be more comfortable just giving you $$.
That is a good idea on how to handle the gluten and dairy free products. Do you know where to look in the town/state health requirements to find what I need? What do you think I would also want to put in an order form? I haven't done anything like this and am not super sure of my abilities to handle payment.

We've had to narrow down the list a ton because I remembered that I'm not in an industrial kitchen, and there aren't 48 hours in a day. The revised menu:
-Brownies
-Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Rice Krispie Treats
-Banana Bread
-Cupcakes
My friend and I made sugar cookies today just for fun, and thank god we didn't try to sell those to anybody, they didn't turn out that great :lol: The frosting was iffy but tasted good, and the cookies themselves tasted a bit weird. We did have fun baking them, though. I've already made about $75 without even going door to door, that is just from donations from friends! I'm so excited!

Perhaps banana bread? I also know some places have mixes you can buy for corn or pumpkin bread
Yep! I am doing banana bread, sold by the slice. I prefer to do things from scratch, but I am going to use store bought icing on the cupcakes. Much less hassle.

Back
Top Bottom