WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your doing great Pauletta,
hugs.gif
Sorry about the weak ones, their systems may have been just too far gone by time treatment was started yesterday. The others should bounce back quickly and be back to normal in a few days. Hang in there, your doing the right things.

Hey guys I candled last night and all 41 eggs except for 1 is forming. :) So Now I would like to kind of work out prices for chicks.
***Anderson8505: how much do you sell GLC for???
***Emvickrey: Eggs came and they are in the incubator, hope atleast one hatches ( no more from you so cancel the march 12th thing...) Anyways what do you sell your white silkies & sizzles for?
*** CrazyCatNChickenLady: How much do you sell olive eggers for?
***Henthymes: How much do you sell your EE's for?

I dont need exact numbers just ranges ( 3-5$ each) does it matter on what patterns they hatch out with, or sex (I wont be sexing)
Thankyou for all and any information, I dont care if other users answer with a guess just need guesses before the end of the month.

I love hatching. I don't like raising chicks. I don't think I should ever get a cabinet incubator!!!!! But it is awesome.

Pauletta, how are things today??

Advice from all/any--- I'm selling my quail this weekend. How much do you charge for 6 wk old quail? CL has them for $5-6 but that seems like too much to me. They are fun to hatch, but I don't like having them.

Quail having been going at auction here in NC for $4-5 a piece.... get it while it's hot ! A few months ago, they were going for .50 cents -$1.00.

MaybeJoey.... $3-$5 a chicks here in NC on CL & at auction. Check your local CL...this will give you a better idea for your area.

Thank you so much, that helps!
hugs.gif
Been a rough morning. Going to volunteer at the grade school till lunch. Seeing those little kids will brighten my day. I love reading with them and helping them with math. (First grade math is about all I can handle this morning and LOTS of coffee LOL) I'll be back to do some more swapping
D.gif

Your doing great Pauletta,
hugs.gif
Sorry about the weak ones, their systems may have been just too far gone by time treatment was started yesterday. The others should bounce back quickly and be back to normal in a few days. Hang in there, your doing the right things.

I'll have more sizzle test eggs if anybody wants them. All I ask is half of the shipping costs. These are f1 and f2 eggs. I can't tell the difference in which eggs are which is why i'm not selling them. The f2 pullets are both smooth. One is white and resembles a sultan and the other is a laced brown. They're both pretty but I don't know if they would produce any frizzled birds. Also my f1 hens, Goldie and Noel are laying. None of them are being consistant and unless I actually catch one in the nest in the process of laying I have no idea who laid what. I know the smaller eggs are f1 of course.
Whoever contacts me first gets them and i'll edit this post when they're taken. These eggs will go out friday and there will be somewhere between 6 and 9 eggs.

I just ask to update me on fertility and what they end up looking like so I know the quality please.

Test eggs are taken.

Last edited:
Finally got to Post Office with packages...DC #s follow.

sonew - 03062400000041144221

MNShepard - 03062400000041144191

ended up with 3 Silkies yesterday, all fat and healthy. One more egg is cheeping in the incubator but no pip.
barnie.gif
It's killing me to not crack it open, but I don't need a weak chick to nurse.

I'll have more sizzle test eggs if anybody wants them. All I ask is half of the shipping costs. These are f1 and f2 eggs. I can't tell the difference in which eggs are which is why i'm not selling them. The f2 pullets are both smooth. One is white and resembles a sultan and the other is a laced brown. They're both pretty but I don't know if they would produce any frizzled birds. Also my f1 hens, Goldie and Noel are laying. None of them are being consistant and unless I actually catch one in the nest in the process of laying I have no idea who laid what. I know the smaller eggs are f1 of course.
Whoever contacts me first gets them and i'll edit this post when they're taken. These eggs will go out friday and there will be somewhere between 6 and 9 eggs.

I just ask to update me on fertility and what they end up looking like so I know the quality please.

Test eggs are taken.
Dang.... I am always late on these.
he.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
I WISH !!! I just stuck them in there, couldn't eat them
hu.gif
Now I had to order a 3rd bator last night... I do not like to hatch in my cabinet, I hate cleaning that thing and like it to stay nice & clean..... I hatch in my Brinsea that only holds 20-30 eggs and gets crowded fast, so last night I ordered a Genesis 1588 to hatch in. That should hold 50 and is easy to clean......MEANWHILE, I have 20 eggs in my hatching tray of my cabinet along with the Emu egg incubating.
barnie.gif
I am already dreading the mess. !!!
tongue.gif

I MUST BE INSANE..................................
9.gif

It is horrible!!! I am hatching in mine out of necessity and it is awful to clean!!!!! I can't reach the back of the bator just by reaching in.
barnie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom