WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
careful counting your chickens before they're hatched, Joey! I do that too often myself.

I am no expert, but if the demand for my GLCs is an indicator, you may be able to price them on the higher spectrum of $3-6 per chick. I have been discussing this with some people myself and wonder what to set the price at. I sold pure and mixed chicks a month ago for $3 each and sold them all at a small swap. None of these were GLCs, though, and I was REALLY motivated to sell all and not bring any back home.

Good luck!
big_smile.png

Hey guys I candled last night and all 41 eggs except for 1 is forming. :) So Now I would like to kind of work out prices for chicks.
***Anderson8505: how much do you sell GLC for???
***Emvickrey: Eggs came and they are in the incubator, hope atleast one hatches ( no more from you so cancel the march 12th thing...) Anyways what do you sell your white silkies & sizzles for?
*** CrazyCatNChickenLady: How much do you sell olive eggers for?
***Henthymes: How much do you sell your EE's for?

I dont need exact numbers just ranges ( 3-5$ each) does it matter on what patterns they hatch out with, or sex (I wont be sexing)
Thankyou for all and any information, I dont care if other users answer with a guess just need guesses before the end of the month.

ep.gif

So I am so EGGcited!!!! MY BRINSEA OVA EASY 190 came today!!!!!!!!!!!

I have it on and warming up and I cant wait to do a test hatch in it!!!!

I have em's test eggs ready to go in, and i know they were in the fridge and probably wont hatch anything but worth a try maran x americana (or maran) and eex americana (or maran)
and some japs :)

worth a try anyways. who knows maybe i can get a few to hatch out if they are still viable.

here's some photos

ep.gif

Patricia, your GLC are worth considerably more than $3 each. Perhaps even $7 or $8 with a discount on multiples, in the right place. Joey is in CA, I believe, so he probably could get more than some of us midwesterners could.

Not that I plan on selling any! LOL those babies are all mine
love.gif

Cool! Thanks! I was really fortunate, I think, to get these 4 birds for $50. She was downsizing to just bantams. I plan on hatching out as many as possible, very soon. The last two days I've gotten 3/3, so I'm really happy. They are very sweet birds, funny how they don't fly, roost only about 2-3 feet off the ground, and they have such big fluffy bottoms. It's Goliath and his ladies: Gilda, Emmy, and Corny. (Gilda--gilded, Emmy-the Emmy Awards Trophy.... Corny, I am...)
Patricia, your GLC are worth considerably more than $3 each. Perhaps even $7 or $8 with a discount on multiples, in the right place. Joey is in CA, I believe, so he probably could get more than some of us midwesterners could.

love.gif

Haha I love the names.

The 4th silkie just hatched. It pipped earlier and I kinda helped it out a little bit
tongue2.gif
couldn't stand to let it die. Plus the humidity had fallen over night and I was worried it was glued. We named the ones born on VDay - Cupid, Angel and Lovebug. Guess this one needs to be named 'a day late' LOL

Can't believe no one is snatching up those eggs on swap. I have no more incubator room until March, so I'm looking for just fun stuff.

Haha I love the names.

The 4th silkie just hatched. It pipped earlier and I kinda helped it out a little bit
tongue2.gif
couldn't stand to let it die. Plus the humidity had fallen over night and I was worried it was glued. We named the ones born on VDay - Cupid, Angel and Lovebug. Guess this one needs to be named 'a day late' LOL

Can't believe no one is snatching up those eggs on swap. I have no more incubator room until March, so I'm looking for just fun stuff.

Me too. Can't stand to watch them stuck in the egg, although even after helping them I've lost 1-2 of them. I'd rather try and lose than wonder later "what if". Cute. Pics please!

You and Anderson have such cute names!!!! Good news I hatched 4 Millie Fleur D'Uccles today!!!! All from Babymakes6. Keeping them in a seperate bathroom. I would take those eggs but I have polish in the bator and don't have the other breeds. No more extra coops.

Haha I love the names.

tongue2.gif

love.gif

What she said!!

Cool! Thanks! I was really fortunate, I think, to get these 4 birds for $50. She was downsizing to just bantams. I plan on hatching out as many as possible, very soon. The last two days I've gotten 3/3, so I'm really happy. They are very sweet birds, funny how they don't fly, roost only about 2-3 feet off the ground, and they have such big fluffy bottoms. It's Goliath and his ladies: Gilda, Emmy, and Corny. (Gilda--gilded, Emmy-the Emmy Awards Trophy.... Corny, I am...)

I agree they are gorgeous!

I have 3 EE's that I bought at a feed store on the same day. One is a splash with some red, her name is Aurora. The next is blue and gold, her name is Bori, The last is black with some gold lacing, her name is Alice.

Arurora Bori Alice.
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom