WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to pack them as warm as possible so Hopefully they do good.
fl.gif

Almost have all of your soap order done also. They will ship next week.
wink.png
Gosh, I hope so... I called my post office this afternoon and there have been NO scans on them since you sent them... They haven't even reached my PO yet! They told me to call at 8AM tomorrow morning to see if they get there on the early morning shipment tomorrow...

Awesome on the soaps!! The girls here have been asking me about them. I told them that you make them as they are ordered and that it was a pretty big order, but now I will have something more concrete to tell them... Thanks!!!

I'll let you know when I get the eggs and how they fared during their journey...

I have 4 skanes of alpaca yarn and Im loveing it I would love to get some more and make a nice big blanket with it. I know alot of people here would probly love something like that. Im trying to go hand made as much as possible this year so hand sewn items , hand made soaps and all that .

Yay! I bet mine will be coming then soon.
celebrate.gif

Yes! I'm sorry it's taken this long. I'm trying to get back on top and have enough stuff in stock that everything can go out immediately. I like doing the bath bombs per order, but they can be made before hand, provided that they don't sit around for a year, LOL. Your's should be going out tomorrow or Saturday, as there's some extra stuff in there that just got made and/or packaged. ;)

Cluck, I'm glad you like it! I used to be a soap hoarder, now I'm fully justified in having over 100 bars of soap, LOL! I ended up having to buy some of those dollar store baskets (2 per pack) to use as soap dishes, since I quickly overwhelmed the standard soap dish and all of the corners of our shower, lol. I'm the same with candles, I have a dozen in the bathroom for when I want to take a candlelit bath, plus a bunch (honestly not even sure how many) around the house. My excuse for the crazy amounts of soap and candles in use? TESTING! LOL. I do have to test, of course, but I certainly don't have to test four or five bars from certain scent batches or make batches of candles just for myself, lol. Everyone who comes always says our house is the best smelling house they've ever been in.

Quote: Not worried - I know you're good for it! Love bath stuff - I am definitely a bath person. We added on to the house specifically so I could have a nice bath tub. They really help take the chill away from these really cold nights we've been having. Thank you!

Bettacreek- I will definitely be claiming more. My little one has the flu (hence why I have been on all the time lately, she's sleeping and I'm not at work! :p ) and I gave her a bath with the coconut bath bomb today. She thought the fizzy was awesome and I swear it relaxed her.
I might have to try a candle too....

It is the same way here.  The only thing that sells decently at auction are the 4-H red sex links.  The only "decorative" breed that sells well here is silkies.  They go for way more than anything else.  Guineas also bring a high price.  ???  I am adding guineas this year.  I can't go silkies.  It wouldn't pay me to make my own red sex-links because so many are available from the 4-H kids, and I don't want to take any of their profit from them.  I'm hoping I can increase the interest in some of the original heritage RIR's.

I have 4 skanes of alpaca yarn and Im loveing it I would love to get some more and make a nice big blanket with it. I know alot of people here would probly love something like that. Im trying to go hand made as much as possible this year so hand sewn items , hand made soaps and all that .

Gabby you want me to ask A. about getting more? It might be only a certain time of year however.

I almost grabbed that alpaca yarn. I'm glad you got it and are actually doing something with it! If I had gotten it, it'd sit for a few months before I got around to doing anything with it. Maybe even a few years, considering that I don't know how to knit or crochet!! I'm with you on the hand made stuff. I'm trying to go for as much homemade and homegrown as possible. Chickens, turkeys, ducks, maybe some sheep in a few years, plus apple/peach trees, a garden, raspberries, black berries, kiwi and all kinds of stuff. Thanks to KY, I even started doing the honey instead of so much processed sugar. Sometimes it's cheaper, but even if not, it's always a higher quality than from the store!

PS, I did an apple jack and peel candle for you. It's kind of a spicy apple, like an apple cider kind of scent. Is that alright, or do you want something different?

Last edited:
I got my eggs from Reesepoultry today...

I called the post office yesterday afternoon and they said there had been no transaction recorded since it left Ohio and to call in the morning around 8AM. So I called at 7:55 AM and told the lady that answered that I was wondering if she could check to see if my package had gotten there this morning. She told me she couldn't do that. I told her that the guy I talked to last night told me to call and they could check. She again told me that she couldn't do that. I was trying really hard to contain my irritation at this point, so I was probably dripping with false sweetness. I told her that my concern was that the package I was expecting contained hatching chicken eggs and that if they go out on the truck that they would certainly be frozen by the time I get them. Magically, she could suddenly tell me that there was no package there for me yet, but that she would call me as soon as they were done sorting. She called back within minutes to tell me she had my package. I told her that I would be there to pick it up in a few minutes. I get to the post office, only to find that the office doesn't open for another 1/2 hour! So I called the post office from the lobby of the post office, and they were gracious enough to bring my package out to me...

The eggs are now sitting on my desk, acclimating to room temp. All of them made it safe and sound... Hopefully they didn't freeze along the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom