What young adults think is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Quotes one uses typically implies the belief one has. If I quote the bible, people would assume I believe the bible. If I quote something Mohammed Ali said people would assume I stand in agreement with him. Whether the church advocated for it or not, isn't really the point. As I mentioned though, I really don't care if he has that as his signature or not. I don't intend to be harsh, I am just blunt.

And quotes from the bible abound on BYC signature lines, including ones saying things about "foolish nonbelievers." It wasn't until I got dizzy from seeing them after my first few months here that I put mine in to give myself a mental balance.

smile.png

Quote:
Quotes one uses typically implies the belief one has. If I quote the bible, people would assume I believe the bible. If I quote something Mohammed Ali said people would assume I stand in agreement with him. Whether the church advocated for it or not, isn't really the point. As I mentioned though, I really don't care if he has that as his signature or not. I don't intend to be harsh, I am just blunt.

And quotes from the bible abound on BYC signature lines, including ones saying things about "foolish nonbelievers." It wasn't until I got dizzy from seeing them after my first few months here that I put mine in to give myself a mental balance.

smile.png

There are various signatures about, one guy long ago had a quote from his "bible" which was Satanism. Like I mentioned, I really don't care what your signature says since I have my beliefs for the reasons known to me. You could even blatantly say all Christians are morons and it wouldn't effect me, because I know differently. You would probably be reported for that, but it wouldn't be from me.

Just like I wouldn't say all unbelievers are idiots. Like I mentioned, I've spoken with some atheists. Most were very intelligent people. One may make note that the bible calls unbelievers foolish but you have to take it in the context it is in. Most of the time wisdom spoken of in the bible is not always the wisdom we think of, there is the wisdom of God, and the wisdom of man. We commonly think of the latter. Anyway, back to the original topic.
big_smile.png

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom