What's A Good Small Lapdog?

Nobody has mentioned yet, I believe, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Very low in energy, very good lap dogs, and the ones I've encountered have not been very yippy. Just make sure you get from a reputable breeder, as the couple I've seen from pet stores have had health issues. I'm also a fan of Papillons
smile.png
Probably the only small breed dog I'd ever consider getting!

Shih Tzu. No other lapdog breed for me ever again.

She LOVES to play when I want to play, she also just likes to sit. She barks for the door or when people are near the door (which is great for me).

She LOVES the chickens, licks "her" chicks and gets along with any animal you face her with. Other dogs, cats...ferrets.

At one time I considered getting a Cavalier King Charles spaniel, but after some researching decided that there were just too many genetic problems inherent in the breed. They are attractive personable dogs, but great care must be excerised in selecting a breeder, but of course this is true when buying any dog. The three of four hundred $ dog advertised in the newspaper is generally not a good buy.

Quote:
I have 2 maltese, and they are AWESOME!!!!! They bark when i get home, or if the doorbell rings.
They are WICKED SMART!!!!!!

69640_screen_shot_sm.png

Ginny is our Papillon/Cavalier King Charles mix. We love her beyond telling, but the fact that she's healthy is nothing but luck. They're not breeds you can be careless with. She was almost certainly a puppy mill puppy; she ended up stray in Hartford, CT, and we adopted her from the pound there.

Check out Japanese Chin -- great little dogs -- not yappy -- in fact, when ours do bark, we pay attention --- unlike our Cavaliers whose main hobby is barking!

Chin are loving but not 'needy' --- they do have a long coat but it is silky and doesn't mat or tangle like that of a Cavalier --

Chin have hilarious personalities and are very clever -- they like to be high -- as on the back of the sofa --

This breed looks as if it would need constant pampering but they are easy-care --

Even as puppies, they aren't destructive -- but with this caveat: never leave knitting projects within their reach -- they are like cats at the sight of yarn!

If you can't find a mixed-breed rescue who seems perfect for you, look at the Chin ---

It sounds as if some lucky dog is going to have a wonderful home with you!

we love little dogs here

we have 2 Chihuahuas, and a Boston Terrier

we have had Poodles, yorkies, silkies, and beagles

I have to recommend Chihuahuas for a calmer dog that loves people, our Boston is NOT hyper at all, and is a great lil dog.

All breeds are different, and each dog in each breed is different. I have seen Bostons that are CRAZY, ours is a couch potato though

I would suggest a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. They have low energy, easy to care for, and some of the sweetest dogs around.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom