What's everybody doing for Thanksgiving time off?

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Other than eating everything is sight.
smile.png

We are going to build another chicken house and do some hunting in the afternoons, and since the weather is supposed to be a little chilly this weekend lay up in front of the fire place at night.

Steve in NC

Time off?

I got hired to bake 4 apple pies for the 25th, I have barbershop Quartet Christmas show practice 27th, I have a Native American Indian celebration month presentation to coordinate on the 25th also, I'm the trail boss for a trip to hymilaya Mines for San Diego Lapidary Society 28, and 29th. Oh and I forgot Cooking for 8 for Thanksgiving.

I'm tired just thinking about it.
I gotta go get the apples.

Chain sawing/splitting Hickory snags into `bite sized' wood stove chunks. Killing and clearing Osage Orange/Honey Locust/Amur Honey suckle/Multifloral Rose so as to clear sites for spring planting, i.e., erosion control and maybe a bit of property `enhancement' (trying, in a desultory fashion, to get ahead of the ungulate rats - bambi to suburbanites - for the past sixteen years).

Order no Price per bundle Quantity Cost Com. name

436 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Ninebark
439 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Witch Hazel
447 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Silky Dogwood
506 $25.00 1 bundles $25.00 Pecan Variety Bundle

115 seedlings

Those of you in Missouri ought to get your orders in soon (pecans go fast): http://mdc.mo.gov/forest/nursery/seedling/
It
is cheap - even after factoring in the investment in planting time and the buffered Aspirin...

We're planting a bunch of evergreens. I can't stand the brown of winter.
Have to finish up a table and a huge metal sculpture for a customer so we have some money for Christmas.
And hopefully giving away of some of these puppies!
fl.gif

Quote:
Barbershop quartet practice?????? How awesome!!!!! I love barbershop quartet!!!!!
love.gif
We have a group in Cincinnati...Southern Gateway Chorus I believe, but I love going to see the concerts they are at....Any of your group on youtube?????
big_smile.png

Last edited:
We are working on finishing up our new coop (poop boards and 1 more roost). We also have to finish the new run, we are putting up the gate and then putting poultry netting over the top. I am baking an apple pie tomorrow and making deviled eggs for our Thanksgiving celebration.

Ripping off wallpaper, painting walls and kitchen cabinets. Putting up wallpaper border...
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom