What's everybody doing for Thanksgiving time off?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Other than eating everything is sight. [​IMG]

We are going to build another chicken house and do some hunting in the afternoons, and since the weather is supposed to be a little chilly this weekend lay up in front of the fire place at night.

Steve in NC

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Babysitting today and tomorrow and sleeping in extra late on Thursday

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Posting on Byc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Time off?

I got hired to bake 4 apple pies for the 25th, I have barbershop Quartet Christmas show practice 27th, I have a Native American Indian celebration month presentation to coordinate on the 25th also, I'm the trail boss for a trip to hymilaya Mines for San Diego Lapidary Society 28, and 29th. Oh and I forgot Cooking for 8 for Thanksgiving.

I'm tired just thinking about it.
    I gotta go get the apples.

5. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Chain sawing/splitting Hickory snags into `bite sized' wood stove chunks. Killing and clearing Osage Orange/Honey Locust/Amur Honey suckle/Multifloral Rose so as to clear sites for spring planting, i.e., erosion control and maybe a bit of property `enhancement' (trying, in a desultory fashion, to get ahead of the ungulate rats - bambi to suburbanites - for the past sixteen years).

Order no Price per bundle Quantity Cost Com. name

436 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Ninebark
    439 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Witch Hazel
    447 $8.00 1 bundles $8.00 Silky Dogwood
    506 $25.00 1 bundles $25.00 Pecan Variety Bundle

115 seedlings

Those of you in Missouri ought to get your orders in soon (pecans go fast): http://mdc.mo.gov/forest/nursery/seedling/
    It
    is cheap - even after factoring in the investment in planting time and the buffered Aspirin...

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    We're planting a bunch of evergreens. I can't stand the brown of winter.
    Have to finish up a table and a huge metal sculpture for a customer so we have some money for Christmas.
    And hopefully giving away of some of these puppies! [​IMG]

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Barbershop quartet practice?????? How awesome!!!!! I love barbershop quartet!!!!! [​IMG] We have a group in Cincinnati...Southern Gateway Chorus I believe, but I love going to see the concerts they are at....Any of your group on youtube????? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. sekinkead

sekinkead Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    We are working on finishing up our new coop (poop boards and 1 more roost). We also have to finish the new run, we are putting up the gate and then putting poultry netting over the top. I am baking an apple pie tomorrow and making deviled eggs for our Thanksgiving celebration.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ripping off wallpaper, painting walls and kitchen cabinets. Putting up wallpaper border... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  10. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    Christmas tree shopping...decorating the porch...finishing the stall for the hens...baking some pies....D R I N K I N G H E A V I L Y!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by