What's for lunch?

Pics

Bonkerelli

In it for the chickens
Jan 1, 2022
What do you consider ''eating kosher" per say?

I do agree about the processed foods part. I'm not what you call a "health freak" but the majority of my meals is veggies
Glad you asked for I enjoy explaining this. Kosher, it stems from a Hebrew word meaning "clean". In my faith, certain foods are considered clean to eat and other things are not. There is also kosher killing, which basically is slitting the animal's neck to drain all the blood before butchering. Some people in similar faith take Kosher to an entirely new level. Some cook on stove separate stoves for meat and veggies or different set of knives and so forth. I do not practice the latter.

Since I explained the word, to sum up what it means is eating foods that are permitted. What is permitted is best to say what is not: Pig, birds of prey, water fowl, all insects (except locusts and crickets), fish without scales or gills, animals that do not have a split hooves and eat grass.

Nothing wrong with veggies, I try to cook as vegetarian as possible. Mainly because meat is so darn expensive.

Back
Top Bottom