What's impacting my day old chicks butt?

Stephietisme

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2020
When it hatched its butt looked almosyt inside out. The chick lived and seems normal now, but it has what appears to be something dried on its butt. When i tried to clean it as i thought it was poop, but it seems as if its attached to his innards😔 any ideas or suggestions? Id like to help it if i
15866538085721208161973261074453.jpg
can, but not sure its possible.

Thanks in advance!

When it hatched its butt looked almosyt inside out. The chick lived and seems normal now, but it has what appears to be something dried on its butt. When i tried to clean it as i thought it was poop, but it seems as if its attached to his innards😔 any ideas or suggestions? Id like to help it if iView attachment 2085563 can, but not sure its possible.

Thanks in advance!
If it's the belly button (naval) leave it alone or you will pull the innards out!

If it poop.. just be on the look out for pasty butt and clean it off as needed... usually takes several days before that starts.

:fl

If it's the belly button (naval) leave it alone or you will pull the innards out!

If it poop.. just be on the look out for pasty butt and clean it off as needed... usually takes several days before that starts.

X 2. Dont pull on it. Think of it like and umbilical cord on a baby. You need to let it dry up and fall off on it's own.

Thank
X 2. Dont pull on it. Think of it like and umbilical cord on a baby. You need to let it dry up and fall off on it's own.
Thank you!!!!!!! I have had baby chicks before, but this is my first time hatching. Ill most definatly leave it well enough alone as im sure thats what it is. Thanks again!!!

from google images..
1586655453654.png

https://the-chicken-chick.com/pasty-butt-in-chicks-causestreatmen/

See if this helps decide what you might be seeing.. it's hard for me to tell much from a photo...

But it should NOT cause an issue to leave it alone now. :)

First time hatching is so scary! And every time after is an exciting adventure!

Navel... (not naval, lol) development can be sign of chick quality. Have you seen this hatching resource yet, if not it's worth a look..
Incubation guide

from google images..
View attachment 2085617

https://the-chicken-chick.com/pasty-butt-in-chicks-causestreatmen/

See if this helps decide what you might be seeing.. it's hard for me to tell much from a photo...

But it should NOT cause an issue to leave it alone now. :)

First time hatching is so scary! And every time after is an exciting adventure!

Navel... (not naval, lol) development can be sign of chick quality. Have you seen this hatching resource yet, if not it's worth a look..
Incubation guide
This is very helpful!!! Im so thankful for everyones advice as i feel confident my chick is okay:) woofta!! i feel dumb now for asking the question, but it must be a new chicken mom thing to worry and greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

If it's by or on his butt it is probably Pasty Butt. Make sure you check all your chicks every day and gently wash off with warm water so you don't tear his skin. They will die if it plugs up and they can't poop. If it's a belly button/ umbilical cord leave it alone. /

Back
Top Bottom