What's on your Holiday Menu??

Quote:
bow.gif

Prime rib here, the only time we have it every year. Broccolli w/white sauce & Ritz cracker crumbs over it, rum carrots, mixed green salad & Yorkshire rolls. Coconut cake for dessert.

I make a Southwest Cheesecake that is always a hit, a really nice relish tray, ham, homemade rolls, the little weenies in BBQ sauce and grape jelly, and just a lot of different salads and desserts and things we only have this time of year . . .really looking forward to it this year!!

It turns out I am doing a dinner on both Christmas day and again on the day after Christmas .... not sure how that happened...lol. Originally it was going to be just the two of us for Christmas day since all my kids couldn't make it until the day after, but it turns out we have family now scheduled for both days just different groups..

Christmas day~
Steaks on the grill
Spicy steamed shrimp (picked up some nice looking extra large guys last night )
stuffed mushrooms
Asparagus
rolls

Day after ~
Pasta with an Alfredo sauce
shrimp and chicken breast (that way everybody is happy and can have their choice of which meat in their pasta)
crab rangoon won-tons
fresh green beans
garlic bread
salad

I am making a black forest cake that is wicked good and I get requests for it every holiday, and will have my cookie tray out too...

Christmas eve we are going to my sons house......they are making lasagne. I am bringing white cheese/spinach manicotti and tiramisu for dessert. We will have a large salad and garlic bread and grill some homemade italian sausage (a tradition in my italian family. Since my dad passed two years ago I thought it was time to teach the grandkids how to make the most awesome sausage in the world.

Christmas day>>>>>>>>>>>Potluck at NICU (neonatal ICU) at the hospital.....babies still get sick and premature no matter what time of the year.

1st Dinner - Leg of lamb, rice, mint jelly, string beans - inlaws
2nd Dinner - Ham, scallop potatoes, asparagus, cranberry sauce - our place
3rd Dinner - Roasted home grown chicken, gravy, mash potatoes, cranberry sauce, cream string beans with almonds- little rats place
4th dinner - Hospital for stomach pump, rotter rooter of the arteries....

Prime Rib with twice baked potatoes, flat green beans, pearl onions with bacon and peas plus a salad. Desert will be a tapioca with hot strawberry syrup. Coffee and cakes will include biscotti, pumpkin roll, black forest cake, and a platter of my christmas cookies, gingerbread and fudge. A bit rich for me, but it's Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom