What's the most awesome thing you've ever done on a plane? :P

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Fierlin1182, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    You know, those loooong multi-hour flights that you go on before arriving at your holiday destination, which seem to up in frequency the closer you get to Australia... [​IMG]
    What does everyone do to pass the time? I mean, I love flying, but there's always those few hours where you're up there doing... well, not much at all. [​IMG]

Things start to get fun again when you go down for the approach however (should've seen some of that turbulence, 10ft drops anyone?! It was epic! [​IMG])

2. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Scream. [​IMG] I don't scream often but when I do, you know it's at least semi bad. Blame turbulence...

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I was flying back to the mainland from Hawaii. It was the middle of the night and most people were snoozing. The captain came on and said something about some "light" turbulence up ahead. Well the "light" turbulence turned out to be the kind that feels like the wings are surely being ripped off the plane. I don't know how awesome it was but I consoled a young lady who was a having an absolute panic attack, screaming and hyperventilating - sure that we were going to plunge into the Pacific! I held her hand and talked to her for about the ten minutes were getting jostled around and tried to ignore the razor shard nails digging into my hand. Actually had a flight attendant thank me afterward.

4. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Just turning on my laptop. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
  5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Well, I didn't do it, but on a SWA flight, the flight attendants sang to the tune of the Barney song: "We love you, you love us! We're much faster than the bus! Southwest Airlines is the place you wanna ba, marry one of us and fly for free!"

I fly to Seattle regularly, and I've been thinking about playing Owl City's "Hello, Seattle" as we touch down sometime... Anybody dare me? >:-D

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I was flying to S.F one time years ago and had the unfortunate luck to be seated next to a large very loud close talking traveling saleman type. I just wanted to sit there and mind my own business, because after all he wasn't a preferred red headed model LOL. He was slamming rob roy's one after another as he told me he was scared of flying, I hadn't said a word the whole time but he kept jabbering at me like a like a woman. He asked me if I flew often...... I slowly turned my head scrunched my brow, looked him dead in his blury eyes and and in a slightly firmer tone said. The last time I was on a plane I JUMPED FROM IT, It scared the daylights out of him so bad he never said another word the whole trip as I sat with my eyes closed and a big fat smile on my face.

I used to be a paratrooper in my Army day's................ it was a memorable story just seeing his face change.

7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    I've never been on a plan before. [​IMG] I'm a little scared to, too. [​IMG] (9/11) [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Cried my head off.

9. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I was only on a plane, on my way to Disney, once. The attendants tried to put my, at that point, 7 year old sister in an emergency exit seat. I was only 9 and I got so scared when they threatened to kick my sister and mom off the plane and have them fly separately to Orlando from my dad and I. Never fly AirTran. [​IMG]

10. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:That's awesome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by