What's the rule on pantyhose?

Quote:
I sill have one of my mohers navy coloured wool suits, it is still to die for! I wore the skirt which is fabulous very slim fitting before I had children.....ahhh those where the days of glamour.........sniff sniff

Last edited:
My friend K had a beautiful pink Channel suit. It was from one of Channel earlier collections. OMG it was gorgeous and SO well made. She found it in a second hand store in San Diego on one of her trips to the west coast before she moved there for work. Wore it to all the big meetings. Her brother was pretty sure she had it on the morning of 9/11 It wasnt in the luggage that was returned to her family and it wasnt at her apt. when he went there to clean it out.

Last edited:
Rhett&SarahsMom :

My friend K had a beautiful pink Channel suit. It was from one of Channel earlier collections. OMG it was gorgeous and SO well made. She found it in a second hand store in San Diego on one of her trips to the west coast before she moved there for work. Wore it to all the big meetings. Her brother was pretty sure she had it on the morning of 9/11 It wasnt in the luggage that was returned to her family and it wasnt at her apt. when he went there to clean it out.

That's SO sad. But, at least you know if you got to go - go out looking classy!
wink.png

I have the black velvet skirt my mother was wearing on her first date with my father!! I have a picture of her in it. The material around the button hole is worn away. I wore it quite a few times when I was younger but I am not sure how to repair the material.

I also have vintage furs (from granma and my mother) and a darling little WWII cape that I adore but also cannot wear anymore.

Anyone know how to repair vintage materials? The cape is discoloring.....

As for hose, my problem is the opposite - I wear a size A and still find I could run them to my armpits! I would wear them more but for the whole walking alot issue for work.... But, you are all making me long to dress up!

(Quite the opposite of where this thread started!! LOL!)

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I have the black velvet skirt my mother was wearing on her first date with my father!! I have a picture of her in it. The material around the button hole is worn away. I wore it quite a few times when I was younger but I am not sure how to repair the material.

I also have vintage furs (from granma and my mother) and a darling little WWII cape that I adore but also cannot wear anymore.

Anyone know how to repair vintage materials? The cape is discoloring.....

As for hose, my problem is the opposite - I wear a size A and still find I could run them to my armpits! I would wear them more but for the whole walking alot issue for work.... But, you are all making me long to dress up!

(Quite the opposite of where this thread started!! LOL!)

you could do some sort of decorative button hole. is it just the fabric of the button hole, or all around the area the button touches?

if it is just the button hole...cut a square of coordinating or even accent fabric big enough to cover the hole by about an inch each way.

pin to hole, right side of fabrics facing one another. sew around the edge of the button hole, approx 1/4" or so.

when done, cut a hole through the fabric just like the original button hole.
push the patch fabric through the original hole. you will have a lined button hole and it will be long lasting.

lastly, sew around the new hole to hold the patch fabric in place and make it look 'finished.

it works great, and looks beautiful​

mom'sfolly :

So Buff, whatcha gonna wear with that party dress?

OK folks, I did a trial run for church yesterday. Wore a long slim black skirt with pretty top, sandal heels and no pantyhose. It was 55 degrees out and I did not get frostbite. However, it was blowing hard when we left church and the temp had dropped to 40 something, and I couldn't jump in the truck fast enough (try climbing into a 2008 Tundra in a slim skirt!).

So the answer to the original question is: I am going to find some pretty nude-toned, shimmery, well fitting pantyhose and WEAR 'EM!

Thanks everybody for all your comments. I loved this thread!​

the Eastern Indian ladies and Pakistani ladies at work NEVER wear hose all year round. always in open toed shoes also.

and many of them work in the 'shop'. they always look snazzy.

Back
Top Bottom