What's the rule on pantyhose?

Ruth~ I own 6 vintage and reproduction dresses, I
love.gif
to dress up!

Here I am with my black pantyhose on,lol. Very fashionable!
100_2358-1.jpg

This is my graduation and I bought REAL vintage pantyhose for this one, I had to have a girdle and garters for this one.
me2.jpg

WOW! I told you guys I was weird,lol.I have the seam in the back pantyhose on here.
me-1.jpg

Sorry for all the pics guys I can delete some if needed.

RoxyOtis - I LOVE the pics - don't delete them. You look like a doll. Young women your age were my best customers. My shop was walking distance from the private high school and the girls would walk to my shop after school and have dress up parties trying on everything. They bought lots of prom dresses from me - the big puffy things that you wear the big crinolines under.

I love the glamour days.

OOHHHH! I wish I lived by you when you had your store! The closest one to me is 6 hours away and it cost ALOT! I have a dress with the crinoline under it, I
love.gif
it more than anything, and wouldn't dream of going without pantyhose,lol! Where I live nobody where's vintage, and I think it is CRAZY, I just
idunno.gif
at them.

BTW- Thanks for the compliments!

Well They have thrift shops and antique stores, but nothing really good for vintage clothes
hmm.png
. But don't quote me on that, I am not POSITIVE.......WAIT I just googled it and there are a few consignment shops,lol.

Quote:
I still have all my stuff. I had a huge sale when I decided to close the store and then I just packed up everything else. I need to get it on E-Bay and sell it but never have the time to do so. It's now almost two years since I closed and it's all still in big boxes packed up. Fabulous jewelry too and tons of it. I started collecting vintage jewelry and went a tad crazy - had to open a shop - needed a hobby anyway. It just kept expanding. I had/have it all - lingerie, negligee sets, dresses, coats (they were really popular), and of course the wonderful alligaor Kelly bags and stiletto heels.

So back to topic: Yes - I love stockings and hose and dresses and jewelry and dressing up to the nines.

I still have a pair of seamed silk hose from 1945. they were my grandma's and never taken out of the box and never worn. they are black. I open the box to look at them sometimes, but I have never taken them out of the wrapper.

Back
Top Bottom