What's the temperature where you are???

Good morning! Says it’s mostly cloudy but the sky appears otherwise. It’s nice out (right now) at least!

Attachments

• IMG_8439.jpeg
    IMG_8439.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8437.jpeg
    IMG_8437.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
I've seen it go down to 1%. I just had another nose bleed this morning. It happens a lot. My back is constantly itchy, drives me nuts. I keep back scratchers all over the house wherever I sit down and one in the car.

What most people don't know is how expensive it is to live in the desert. When you shower twice a day you use twice as much water and go through toiletries twice as fast. Body oil after each shower, lotion during the day, cuticle cream to keep your cuticles from cracking and bleeding, lip balm for your lips, and hair oil at night to keep your hair from turning into straw.

And sooooo many bottles of gel eye drops. $13 for a third of an ounce. I go through those expensive little things very quickly. There's a whole box of them in the fridge. Bruder compresses offer some relief, too.

I also use lid wipes and take omega-3 fish oil to combat dry eyes. Those two things alone run me about $150/month.

Clothes and bed linens are changed and washed more frequently during the hell months which is another increased expense. They wear out faster, too. Water and electricity bills soar due to the increased water usage and constantly running A/C and fans.

The dust the dust the DUST. There are epic levels of dust here. Even if you dust and vacuum twice a day you cannot stay on top of it. Give up any hope of having a clean home.

Dust + dry air = chronic cough. I use Biotene dry mouth spray, cough drops, and gum. We also have a filter on every vent register. They turn black (!) and have to replaced every few weeks.

We have a HEPA vacuum cleaner and run HEPA air cleaners all over the house 24/7. There's even a HEPA air cleaner in the car. All those pre-filters and HEPA filters need frequent cleaning and replacing which gets very pricey.

Humidifiers, too. We also have those all over the house. Wicks and filters have to be replaced, the units have to be cleaned and refilled several times a day, plus we buy distilled water to use in them because our water is very hard.

Wood furniture has to be constantly moisturized and protected. Same for car interiors. Anything plastic will dry out and crack very quickly. More products to buy for all that maintenance.

Those are just a few examples. It's expensive and exhausting.

Apologies for the rant. This is a rough time of year. 🙁
We have been considering moving to the desert. I’ll be sure to share this info with my family!

I've seen it go down to 1%. I just had another nose bleed this morning. It happens a lot. My back is constantly itchy, drives me nuts. I keep back scratchers all over the house wherever I sit down and one in the car.

What most people don't know is how expensive it is to live in the desert. When you shower twice a day you use twice as much water and go through toiletries twice as fast. Body oil after each shower, lotion during the day, cuticle cream to keep your cuticles from cracking and bleeding, lip balm for your lips, and hair oil at night to keep your hair from turning into straw.

And sooooo many bottles of gel eye drops. $13 for a third of an ounce. I go through those expensive little things very quickly. There's a whole box of them in the fridge. Bruder compresses offer some relief, too.

I also use lid wipes and take omega-3 fish oil to combat dry eyes. Those two things alone run me about $150/month.

Clothes and bed linens are changed and washed more frequently during the hell months which is another increased expense. They wear out faster, too. Water and electricity bills soar due to the increased water usage and constantly running A/C and fans.

The dust the dust the DUST. There are epic levels of dust here. Even if you dust and vacuum twice a day you cannot stay on top of it. Give up any hope of having a clean home.

Dust + dry air = chronic cough. I use Biotene dry mouth spray, cough drops, and gum. We also have a filter on every vent register. They turn black (!) and have to replaced every few weeks.

We have a HEPA vacuum cleaner and run HEPA air cleaners all over the house 24/7. There's even a HEPA air cleaner in the car. All those pre-filters and HEPA filters need frequent cleaning and replacing which gets very pricey.

Humidifiers, too. We also have those all over the house. Wicks and filters have to be replaced, the units have to be cleaned and refilled several times a day, plus we buy distilled water to use in them because our water is very hard.

Wood furniture has to be constantly moisturized and protected. Same for car interiors. Anything plastic will dry out and crack very quickly. More products to buy for all that maintenance.

Those are just a few examples. It's expensive and exhausting.

Apologies for the rant. This is a rough time of year. 🙁
you would save a lot of money if you moved

Back
Top Bottom