What's the temperature where you are???

Great news the storm track forecast has this storm moving east of @kikiruru now:
1600188932188.png

Still going to be affected by high winds but not the worst of them. Regardless millions of citizens will feel the impacts and be affected. Thank goodness maximum sustained wind speeds are only 85mph now. So somewhat of a non event for us coasties. I still would not like to ride through it these storms scare me. I grew up in tornado alley and there is no comparison.
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/154624.shtml?gm_track#contents

Last edited:
I do not envy @kikiruru I hate sitting inside an eyewall as we did for Hannah for 12+ hours. I really hope you had time to prepare for it all. We went through the clean side of that storm but you are looking at the dirty side of it. Best wishes once again for you and your livestock. I know the winds are about to start so you may never see this. Regardless you are in our heart and minds. Best wishes from our family to yours. Last graphic was from https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/095758.shtml?gm_track#contents
View attachment 2334355View attachment 2334356
Thank you! Sally is moving so slow
Local reports vary on landfalls
1 mobile bay
2 dauphin island
3 bayou la batre

Great news the storm track forecast has this storm moving east of @kikiruru now:
View attachment 2334779
Still going to be affected by high winds but not the worst of them. Regardless millions of citizens will feel the impacts and be affected. Thank goodness maximum sustained wind speeds are only 85mph now. So somewhat of a non event for us coasties. I still would not like to ride through it these storms scare me. I grew up in tornado alley and there is no comparison.
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/154624.shtml?gm_track#contents
Thank you that's better than my update

Not very much we can do. Thats right. But thinking only for yourself makes things worse. We can choose governments. They can do something for the better or the worse.

Here we have people living in my country over 24 feet Below sea level. And we are here approx 24 above sea level too.

So I do think my country is going bankrupt if we carry on the way we do. But the EU is taking a lot of steps now to stop the use of CO2 and has plans to plant lots of trees (milions)

Small continuation: use Ecosia as a search engine instead of chrome or Safari,

And of course best of luck for all who live in hurricane area’s and fire zones.
Thank you

Thank you that's better than my update
Current models keep moving further east, woohoo for you get to be on the clean side! Max winds are now down to 80 so probably just a strong TS soon or a minor Cat 1. I still hate these slow movers at least the models show it getting a move on after actual landfall.
1600214206739.png

Last edited:
Current models keep moving further east, woohoo for you get to be on the clean side! Max winds are now down to 80 so probably just a strong TS soon or a minor Cat 1. I still hate these slow movers at least the models show it getting a move on after actual landfall.
View attachment 2335461

Thank you

Man it still has not made landfall. I hate being in your place sitting inside an eyewall of clouds and rain bands. If I haven't mentioned it previously my information comes from https://spaghettimodels.com as my starting point. You are right we are all built for it, but a cat 4 or 5 can not be built for. My coops have all been tested and excede cat one strength good luck digging out my 2 foot deep 80 pound concrete footings.Hurrah for the birds. @kikiruru I can still feel your pain. Winds are at 105mph currently per the USAF so it is a Cat 2 storm thankfully you are on the good side of this one:
recon_AF305-1219A-SALLY.png
1600243970578.png

Last edited:
I still would love to hear your lessons learned from your storm. I didn't learn a thing from mine. Just so I can become more prepared as it will happen again. For me it is only is the chainsaw blade sharp and ready? Water and sundries are always in the pantry. We did need to light the fire on the propane grill to keep DW from killing me for coffee but it lit up and I am still here. That womanbeastthing got her coffee.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom