What's the weirdest place your chickens have nested?

Pandapaws... that's probably one of the oddest ones
lol.png

Under a big black tarp....its laid flat, stretched out...the somhow crawl up under the tarp, proceed in about 3 feet and lay. Hehe...

I have a bo that is normally very good about laying in the nest box but every 3-4 months will sneak into the shop and lay behind the air compressor. She will lay one egg and then go right back to the nest box the next day. this last time I happened to be in the shop and the compressor started up and it didn't bother her at all,popped that egg out before the compressor shut off. What I don't understand is how she can drop an egg on a concrete floor and never crack them.

the chickens at my friends farm would lay on the top of an old broken double glass door fridge that was out back, or in almost any open available truck or jeep seat in the driveway
idunno.gif
it was really funny to hop in the truck to drive down to the fields and - oh theres an egg on the seat!
D.gif

Quote:
You got a real little miner there
gig.gif

BIC: That's so funny! Did you ever sit on one of them?
tongue.png

I took a couple my freinds hens to a kiddie barnyard that we put on when I was in high school and his barred rock laid an egg right in my lap while I was showing her to a hand full of grade school kids.

Back
Top Bottom