Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

a catydid, grashopper, a giant moth, chicken nugget, and theyre nuts for leaves. they didnt like cucumber.

and the one thing i have in abundance, carpenter ants, chickens completely ignore them :(

I went to cook on the grille last week and noticed half the label was missing on the propane bottle. I could see where they pecked away at what they could peel off. Dang chicken heads!

My chickens often fight over dead leaves, their ow feathers, and large sticks that are obviously too big for any hen to swallow! It's very funny to watch!

-Ellochicken
yippiechickie.gif

Had an ant nest hatch out the flying ants a couple days ago a few made it over on the side of the chicken tractor. The teenagers came out of the brush to go back in the coop and saw the ants and went nuts!!! Hopping up to get the ones that had crawled up the walls. I cant get them to go up by the pool where the nest actually is though. Dont blame them with a hawk skulking around. My banties dont do funny stuff like the standards used to.

Don't let them have access to styrofoam! They love to peck that stuff and will eat it. Mine ate a ton before I realized they could even get to it (in the garage) but they're fine. The sheet of styrofoam isn't though.
yes!my chickens have eatan lot of strofoam insulation at the back of my house! i dont really see whats so appetizing about it but they like it...

oh and my sumatra trio killed and ate a lady amherst pheasant. they all appeared fine with him and getting along but one day i went in and there he was, just bones and feathers
ep.gif

my chickens ate another chicken
Ooooh.... they love chicken scraps from the pot, especially the flabby skin from stewing a whole bird. Little cannibals.

My girls are really enjoying this thread. My 7.5yo mentioned her favorite cockerel pecks at her shoes. Another pullet likes picking pills off my sweater when I carry her. But I don't think she's eating them, she just like to peck at things.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom