What's the Wildest, Weirdest thing you've eaten...?

Quote:
GAG!
sickbyc.gif

The Parasites and Predators of Earthworms

B. The Parasites

Bacteria, protozoa (single-celled animals), flatworms, nematodes (roundworms) and dipterous larvae are internal parasites of earthworms. The cluster fly (Pollenia rudis), often a nuisance pest in house attics, parasitizes worms of the species Eisenia rosea which is often a contaminating worm in manure worm cultures. I have had no reports, though, that this parasite has been a problem in manure worm cultures.

There are other fly species which can parasitize worms, but so far I have received no reports from commercial worm growers.

http://www.wormdigest.org/content/view/200/2/

"Hot cod fish" jerky from Hawaii. BLECK! And I love sushi, but this stuff tasted like I imagine a cat treat tasting.
Something else from Hawaii, crack seed(no, not what you might be thinking!). It's preserved plum and I would have never thought I would like it as much as I do. My husband's mom was Hawaiian so he introduced it to me.

I guess the list would be something like:

Porcupine, squid, rattlesnake, turtle, Rocky Mtn. Oysters, pickled pig's feet, raccoon, pickled turkey gizzards, walleye cheeks, bear, antelope, etc., etc.

I grew up with a Dad who is Daniel Boone reincarnated.

In the Carribean I ate iguana by mistake (they called it "street chicken"... w realized it wasn't, in fact, chicken when we saw the "drumstick" had a jointed knee...) and in Florida I had Gator Tail (tasted like really bland chicken). Oh, and this might not be very weird, but since I was a baby my favorite food is sushi. Mmm, raw fish and seaweed and tofu! And I hate cheeseburgers. Go figure!

ETA: One of my life's ambitions is to try fugi (pufferfish). On the other hand, it might be my LAST ambition. :|

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom