Whats up with Doodle! Edit: She's recovering

Yes, I would take out the water tonight and then re-check in the morning.

I can't say if she's ok to go back outside or not, you know your set-up best and whether they have adequate protection from the wind and those temperatures.

Trust your instincts. Keeping her in a temperature controlled environment seems safe enough to me.

Having a tiny amount of material in the crop after a crop issue is normal. This usually resolves after a few more days.

Trust your instincts. Keeping her in a temperature controlled environment seems safe enough to me.

Having a tiny amount of material in the crop after a crop issue is normal. This usually resolves after a few more days.
Okay, those were my thoughts as well. Especially with windchill.

Okay good. I'll check again tomorrow to, but since its such a small amount I'm not to concerned. Thanks everyone for all the help, I really appreciate it. :)

Update: Got Doodle back outside today! She seems to be doing well, and is back to her normal, bossy, hungry, hysterical self. In these last few days I've been checking her crop each morning. Seems to be emptying well overnight with no issues. I've been feeding her twice daily, and gave her some 20% protein feed wetted with warm water. Been giving her about 3/4c of feed a day, and by the feel of her keel bone, she seems to be a good weight. Been giving a bit of corn in her dinner, or before dark depending on the time I get outside. Its dark at about 5 here right now, so I give feed her dinner between 4 and 5. Then give everyone a bit of corn while she eats.
Everything seems to be going well. Thanks so much for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom