What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

My user name was computer generated from an old old email account where I used to work. Hung on to it because it was easy to remember. No special affinity for the Redsox. But my avatar...that's my faithful chocolate lab named Churchill!

Wow! 85 pages and still on topic!
lol.png

I am a bicyclist, have been for almost 50 years now. It is my number one interest, even more than chickens! So naturally when it came to user names I choose something that reflects that. I started out as TheWheelman, in reference to the archaic name for a bicycle rider (it was also my initial user name on WebTV, my first door to the internet). However over the years that meaning has faded into obscurity and nowadays refers more to a motor vehicle driver, mainly trucks and getaway cars, so I changed it to BicycleRider.

A few years back I got into model aircraft and when it came up to choosing a fitting name for those newsgroups I came up with "FlyWheel". It made sense to me at the time; planes fly, bikes have wheels. I also liked the wordplay. Granted, chickens aren't that great at flying, but it seemed appropriate enough to use here too.

The avatar I'm using at the time of this posting was the most fitting I could find for both the name and the group's main topic.

Last edited:
I love drumsticks( chicken & turkey) and at the time Diva was a word that was popping up all over, so I combined them. I've had several avatars but, a BYC friend created my current one. Everyone who knows me - knows I am an ice cream addict and Haagen Daz Rocky Road is my favorite .

I have the user name that I do because I have a bunny and chickens and I wanted to put my two favorite things in my username.

I have the avatar that I do because I love that pic of my bunny.

Madam Poofy Brow was my very first hen, so it just made sense to name myself after her
lau.gif
She's a Polish, so...ya know....she has a poofy brow
gig.gif

I have had loads of different avatars, but my current one is a really bad pic of my peacock, Paul. No reason, really...

First I wanted to be cluckcluckquack but somebody had it.and I mad cluckcluck and 1215(yes 12 and 15)and I'm:cluckcluck1215!

Profile is a pic of my 7 year old BR hen and she still is laying!

Back
Top Bottom