what's worse two males together? Or two males and female?

lilmama

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Ok...after finding out that ofmy three ducks, two are male and one is female...and being told this is bad news, I just found another good home for the female.
But now I am being told that leaving myself with two males is just as bad because they will try and kill each other!
Please can someone tell me the best thing to do. I need expert advice here from someone that really knows ducks and their behavior. I was supposed to bring the female to the new farm tonight so please advise quickly.
Thank you.

I had 2 males together and though one was a bout a year older they got along like two peas in a pod. Noah was a peking and the sweetest duck, his mate was killed so i got a runner duck which we called little duck and they were so funny getting into adventures together. Two males and a female probally not a great idea they will attmpt to gang mate her.

i'm new to owning ducks. i just have 4 scovy's that are 3 wks old that i got at 2 day old from my dad's hen. not sure if this will be much help but my dad has 3 males and 1 female, sometimes they are all fine together but lately 2 have been ganging up on the other male and beating him up. also they tire the hen out a lot since there are three trying to mate with her and have to be kept separated. now he has just one male in with the female. the 2 other males are fine together and get along great. not an expert but from everything i've read and seeing my dad's i think as long as there is no female around they might be ok (depending on their personality and how long they've lived together) my dads grew up together so i'm sure that helps. good luck
thumbsup.gif

It would be safer to have 2 drakes.
If you have 2 drakes in with one female, they will get more aggressive and over breed the hen. She'll end up loosing feathers and can go bald. Plus it will stress her out and she might not lay eggs!

But if you have 2 drakes and no females, they won't have anything to fight over and should get along just fine.

OK....I found a home for both males! How will 3 females do together? Or should I keep a male and do 2 females/1 male?

Back
Top Bottom