What's wrong with my chicken

Discovered this yesterday on one of my girls. Don't know what it is or what causes it, but she's got some feathers missing and she's extremely red, much more than my other chicks. Her skin is extremely dry and looks kind of inflamed. Any ideas what it is and how to treat it?
Hi @aggiegirl009 Chicks will loose their downy around the face. Looks like what you are seeing is the comb, wattles and ears of your little fella.

Hi @aggiegirl009
   Chicks will loose their downy around the face. Looks like what you are seeing is the comb, wattles and ears of your little fella.

Yes the same is with my other chickens but the issue with this one is that she's so RED everywhere. Around her eyes, her comb, her skin, everything, and much more so than all the others. It looks like the type of red typically associated with a rash

Last edited:
Quote: I see the red, but it looks like normal wattle, comb development - I see nothing to be concerned about.

I think you may have a cockerel on your hands - this may explain why so red at an early age. You may want to wait another month or so to see or you can make a post and ask others opinion on the "What Breed or Gender" to see if they agree on what gender your chick is.

Back
Top Bottom