Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2011
hen is two years
she is a redstar sexlink
she has always laid very large eggs.
she was wormed july of this year
dusted for mites and lice.
a week ago i found a shell less egg on the roost board,where she roost.and something else that was pink in color and was spongie
and it was about 2"long.it look like a peice of an organ.since than she is standing with her featthers fluffed.and she is eating but very little.i gave her a epsom salts warm bath.and rub her belly for about twenty minutes.than i put my surgerial gloves on and some ky
jelly.and felt in her vent.i did not feel any egg.i have noticed she is standing on one leg most of the time.now i'am wondering if she has hurt her leg or is it something internal.any help would be apprecited
thanks in advance.

hen is two years
she is a redstar sexlink
a week ago i found a shell less egg on the roost board,where she roost.and something else that was pink in color and was spongie
and it was about 2"long.it look like a peice of an organ.since than she is standing with her featthers fluffed.and she is eating but very little.i gave her a epsom salts warm bath.and rub her belly for about twenty minutes.than i put my surgerial gloves on and some ky
jelly.and felt in her vent.i did not feel any egg.i have noticed she is standing on one leg most of the time.now i'am wondering if she has hurt her leg or is it something internal.any help would be apprecited
thanks in advance.
Check for lice, mites, etc.
She could be broody.
I know one of my hens fluffs her feathers up when she goes broody.
Does she sit on a nest? Or does she still walk around?

she does more standing,than walking and moves slow.i have not seen her on the nest for a week.she is one of three redstar hens and they have never gone broody. i never gave it a thought that she may be broody.i looked for mites and lice and did not see an
thanks .

hen is two years
she is a redstar sexlink
thanks in advance.

It could be "lash" that you saw. You can type "lash" in the search box...plenty of pics in various threads. Here's a link for you:
http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/WeirdEggs/WeirdEggs.html

I do not have any ideal what could be wrong as I am still learning about chickens but I hope you get the answer on here as alot of people know alot about these things. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Back
Top Bottom