What's wrong with their feathers?

yeah, I know but I have had more luck sexing by color than by size of the comb. I had a lav ameraucana I swore was a roo until she didn't get pointy saddle feathers with the other roos. I have not on the other hand have a pullet get a red comb that young......just my experience

I second boy. That comb is pretty prominent for that age. Too bad. If you need to re-home him, I run a camp for wayward roos.
wink.png

Oh I hope so!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

It's just so - timid and dainty. Must be the emasculating feathers!

PS: Patty - those "red brick" blue olive layers are SO FRIENDLY. I get mobbed when I open their pen, baby chicks flying all over me, perching on my shoulders, arms, knees, etc. Makes it sooo hard to get rid of the roosters when they make me feel like such a good "mommy".

SO EAGERLY wanting some of these Splashes to get paired up with some Ameraucana Blacks and Blues.
fl.gif

There are lots of good, quality Blacks & Blues around--These are the most common true Ameraucana colors.
This would immediately create the Silkie Ameraucana (still my definite vote for name of this type) in 2 additional colors, diversify the gene pool involved, and help provide a larger supply of these adorable chickens for their adoring fans!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Perhaps someone could post a list of areas where the current SA owners are located for anyone nearby who might be able to contribute some Black & Blue breeding Ameraucanas for crossing them??
pop.gif

Last edited:
I've got blue/black amera eggs coming next week from CottageGarden for breeding with what looks like my MALE "messed up feather" chicken.
ya.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
OH, I so wish I had them! I am still waiting for mine to get here, and then wait until they are old enough to breed! If I had known it was gonna take this long I would have hatched my own!

HEY .... anyone have black ameraucanas to sell????
lol.png

Quote:
OH, I so wish I had them! I am still waiting for mine to get here, and then wait until they are old enough to breed! If I had known it was gonna take this long I would have hatched my own!

HEY .... anyone have black ameraucanas to sell????
lol.png

You have a "soft feathered" ameraucana to sell?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom